User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had put them on a van we had and liked them. They wore well, rode nice and handled well. They were even good in the snow. I would not hesitate getting them again. The prices on them have gone up since we had them but still worth it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put these on my Momentum 353G on Saturday and completed a 900 mile trip yesterday. I don't have a lot of RV experience, but these were a brand I knew at a reasonable price that I could purchase and have installed before we departed. So far I like them. Did not want to take a chance on 3.5 year old Westlake with unknown history since I bought the rig used.

Not happy with Discount tire on the install. Talked to them three times about what I wanted and the required tire pressure of 110psi. Asked the guy putting them on, "yes we inflated to 110psi". Got home, reinstalled my TPMS and it showed 80psi. Got out my gauge and confirmed 80psi. Glad I checked before we left. New rule, trust no one when it comes to tire pressure!
    2020 Momentum 353G
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali

2019 BMW R1250GSA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am going to follow this.

Hankook makes good tires. However I am not a fan of the smooth outer edges on the T31 https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...tnum=38MR6TH31

However the highly rated Sailun S637 has a similar pattern. https://simpletire.com/brands/sailun-tires/s637-trailer

Please keep us updated
    Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roegs01 View Post
    I think you're spot on. I'm going to take the low number of reviews as a positive thing. People are quick to post if there are problems and so far I've not seen anything negative. I went ahead and ordered them. I've had very positive experiences with Discount Tire. If I do have issues I believe they will step up to the issue.
    Everything going well with the Hankooks? I know still early on, but was curious to hear if you're pleased thus far.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious too. I'll eat this popcorn while I wait....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We currntly run Hankook LTs on our TV. Love them. Long lasting with warranty, but increased road noise and harshness. Great TV tires IMHO. Would recommend onTVs, but will look at when GYs age out on 5er down the road.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need load range G's and have had the Sailuns for about a year (~8k) miles. I know when I had them installed; I could see they looked really beefy. They replaced the G rated Westlakes that I had for just over 4 seasons. No issues with the Westlake G's; just started seeing visible dry rot on the side walls (I do store outdoors and am not diligent about tire covers). I did get a bit concerned seeing the Sailun recall right after getting mine; but fortunately, I was out of the date range, even though they were made in Vietnam.

Bottom line, following the Hankooks with interest as it will be nice to have options, hopefully not anytime soon.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Everything going well with the Hankooks? I know still early on, but was curious to hear if you're pleased thus far.
    So far I'm very pleased with our purchase. I've taken two trips on the tires - first was Minneapolis to the Grand Design Rally in Indianna, second was to St Louis where we are storing the trailer for winter. Probably have around 1500 miles on them. It's a little harder reviewing trailer tires vs tow vehicle tires as it's hard to compare ride, handling, etc., but I'm very pleased with the price and I like the comfort of a name brand tire.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the Westlake tires on our camper (ST235/80 R16 Load Range G tire) with Hankook tires in August. The Westlake tires were 5 years old and were showing signs of dry rot. After approximately 2,000 miles, I can say I'm pleased with the Hankook's. Here are some anecdotal observations:
    1 - The air pressure and temperature of the new tires when traveling is much more consistent. For example, I noticed when traveling on I-95, all four tires would be at the same air pressure. The temperature would be the same for the 2 tires on the left and the 2 tires on the right. (One side would be a higher temperature if the tires were running in the sun, etc.) I never experienced this with the Westlake tires. All four tires would always be at different temps and pressures.
    2 - The Hankook tires seem to run smoother. Again, this is just an observation. No way to actually prove this.
    3 - I checked the treadwear after 2,000 miles and all four tires are the same. Based on what I've seen, I expect them to have good treadwear.

Based on what I've seen and experienced to date, I would definitely buy them again.
    Jon & Melanie
    Dover, DE
    2019 Solitude 372WB-R
    2023 GMC 3500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the market for new tires. I have 205/75R 14L. When I look up on Tire Rack, I only find the Goodyear and Hankook in Load Range D in that size.
    John and Lori
    2018 XLT 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast