User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

solitude 3740 bh pricing

hello everyone were looking to purchase a new 3740 bh solitude but it seems the best dealer pricing we have found is 90 grand? I have a neighbor who bought there's new in 2020 for 67. Have the prices really gone up this much? I'm wondering if anyone has a camper of this style 2019 or newer what you paid new if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks everyone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyler1101 View Post
    hello everyone were looking to purchase a new 3740 bh solitude but it seems the best dealer pricing we have found is 90 grand? I have a neighbor who bought there's new in 2020 for 67. Have the prices really gone up this much? I'm wondering if anyone has a camper of this style 2019 or newer what you paid new if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks everyone
    Doing a basic MSRP comparison for the 3740BH model, it shows a massive price jump from $80.5k in 2020 to $114k in 2022. A $33.5k jump in 2 years!

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/specs...29-y2020-b1429

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/specs...29-y2022-b1429

Your neighbour who bought for around $67k in 2020 paid somewhere around 17% less than MSRP.
    The 2022 Pricing of $90k comes in at just under 20% off MSRP.

If you can find a used 3740BH, that’s where you’ll find the best value by a considerable margin.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro 1000# WDH
    Modifications: Goodyear Endurance 225/75R16 LRE, Road Armor w/ HD Wet Bolts, Dual 6V Trojan T105+
    2015 F150 Lariat 5.0L V8 SCrew 6.5' 3.55

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a 3740BH-R. It was manufactured 3/2022. MSRP was $120,848. Payed $89,990 + the taxes for Alabama. So about 25.5% off MSRP.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will also add that I had to do a little look to find that price. A lot has to do with how far you are willing to travel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long story but may be helpful since we're pretty much right where you are in negotiating.

We are picking up our new 2022 3740BH next week. I don't know the manufacture date. We found it on a lot with the exact options we wanted and were lucky enough that it's only an hour from our house. When I "built" it on the GD website the MSRP was the same as the dealer quoted; $118,555. We were negotiating price and got down to 22% off MSRP; $92,995. This is our first RV and wasn't sure what discount we could expect given everything being said about increased cost of everything, etc. I had been shopping nation wide. We are willing to travel for a deal. I found a few that were close enough to what options we wanted. And one dealer in particular, three hours away, has 3 exactly what we want coming off the line next week. So, exact same options at two different dealers. The MSRP at that dealer is $122,919. They sent me the base and options sheet with the price breakdown that include VIN, etc. There is an increase in price coming from GD. Approx $4500. So I started negotiating with that dealer as well. They originally would't go below 15% off but I got them to 23%. What got me there was I told them about the first RV we're negotiating and he knows I'm serious because he can see it online. So at this point, even though he's at 23% discount, he is still $2,000 more than the one closer to us. Today we spoke to both dealers to see if we could get anything more. Both said it was the lowest they could go, but the first dealer agreed to add the rear and side observation cameras my husband wants, so essentially that amounts to an additional approx $1000, so the actual cost difference between the two dealers is only $1000, and with the addition of the camera system, they're both at approx 23% discount.

So I don't know what the MSRP of the one you're looking at is, but if the dealer cost is equal to or more that 23% off then you've got as good as I can get and I've been negotiating for a week....back and forth. If not, maybe start a broader search and see if you can motivate someone to come down more.

That's my 2 cents. Maybe someone else will think I got robbed, but we feel good about our search and what we ended up with. If anyone on here thinks we could have gotten a WAY better deal, I'd ask when it was that they purchased their last GD. Even a couple of months is making a huge difference.
    Last edited by kengqiuist; 04-16-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kengqiuist View Post
    Long story but may be helpful since we're pretty much right where you are in negotiating.

We are picking up our new 2022 3740BH next week. I don't know the manufacture date. We found it on a lot with the exact options we wanted and were lucky enough that it's only an hour from our house. When I "built" it on the GD website the MSRP was the same as the dealer quoted; $118,555. We were negotiating price and got down to 22% off MSRP; $92,995. This is our first RV and wasn't sure what discount we could expect given everything being said about increased cost of everything, etc. I had been shopping nation wide. We are willing to travel for a deal. I found a few that were close enough to what options we wanted. And one dealer in particular, three hours away, has 3 exactly what we want coming off the line next week. So, exact same options at two different dealers. The MSRP at that dealer is $122,919. They sent me the base and options sheet with the price breakdown that include VIN, etc. There is an increase in price coming from GD. Approx $4500. So I started negotiating with that dealer as well. They originally would't go below 15% off but I got them to 23%. What got me there was I told them about the first RV we're negotiating and he knows I'm serious because he can see it online. So at this point, even though he's at 23% discount, he is still $2,000 more than the one closer to us. Today we spoke to both dealers to see if we could get anything more. Both said it was the lowest they could go, but the first dealer agreed to add the rear and side observation cameras my husband wants, so essentially that amounts to an additional approx $1000, so the actual cost difference between the two dealers is only $1000, and with the addition of the camera system, they're both at approx 23% discount.

So I don't know what the MSRP of the one you're looking at is, but if the dealer cost is equal to or more that 23% off then you've got as good as I can get and I've been negotiating for a week....back and forth. If not, maybe start a broader search and see if you can motivate someone to come down more.

That's my 2 cents. Maybe someone else will think I got robbed, but we feel good about our search and what we ended up with. If anyone on here thinks we could have gotten a WAY better deal, I'd ask when it was that they purchased their last GD. Even a couple of months is making a huge difference.
    Hey Ken,

Thanks for your experience and insight. In todays market I think you did great!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to update everyone… we found a loaded 3740bh with the theatre seats and booth like we wanted it’s a 2021 model and we paid 65 k I feel like we did good on it and very much looking forward to camping soon . Wondering if everyone else thinks that’s fair for used

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a fair price. We have the same unit and paid about that last year. At the time we were looking that was the lowest price I could find in the country.
    Last edited by Bivitar; 05-31-2022 at 07:20 PM.