Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen vent malfunction

Has anyone had a problem with the kitchen vent malfunctioning? When we turn the vent on, the vent opens up, the fan turns on and the immediately stops and the vent closes. We have already had the thermostat (the controller on the wall) replaced by Grand Design, but the problem persists. Reflection 150 260RD.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxxair-control-panel.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	40033

Is the wall controller look like this? and the vent on the ceiling? If so, maybe the rain detector is bad and closing it.
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2022 F350 CC SB SRW 7.3

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly it. Is there a way to replace it? And will Grand Design replace it?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on warranty, I would think they would replace. I looked in my GD manual, and it does not even list the details of the Maxxair vent fan. So a call to the factory may be a starting point.

I just tested the rain shutoff feature on mine, and once the sensor is wet, it closes and shuts fan off. If still wet, the On button just barely initiates a start, before shutting off. So your issue is more complex. Since the wall controller has been replaced, only thing left is the fan. I cant imagine the wiring being a culprit.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if we continued to hit the vent open and fan on buttons and finally got it to stay on.