User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Solitude - Had Stove replaced.....

Just though I'd share our experience. On our brand new Solitude 310GK-R, the oven in our Insignia stove was a pain in the a## to get lit. It would take sometimes 20 to 30

minutes to get the blasted burners to come on using the prescribed priming method! I called Grand Design since we are full-timers and nowhere near the dealership we purchased

from, and was told that Best-Buy is responsible for the warranty on the stove! They sent me an E-Mail with an online form that I needed to fill out to submit the claim to Best Buy

and they would send someone from the Geek Squad to service the unit. "Here we go" I thought, filled out the form (which said they would contact me within two business days)

and waited. To my surprise, I received a call within an hour of submitting the form! The Best Buy customer rep stated that "we don't send a tech out, we just replace the whole unit

and which dealer did I want it shipped to?". Stunned that they just replace the whole unit for what might just be a malfunctioning thermo-couple or something like that, and

nowhere near my dealer, I asked if they would send it to me where we are staying at the moment. They were more than happy to do that, but they stated that I would have to deal

with Grand Design on being reimbursed for the installation charges. I called Grand Design back and asked them about the charges and they said, of course, that Best Buy should be

responsible! I decided to go ahead and use the RV tech that services the campground I am at and deal with who would reimburse me at a later date. Long story short, the tech

came out and replaced the stove (a much simpler operation than I imagined), and a hydraulic fitting on our levelling system that was leaking due to a missing o-ring (another story

in itself) and charged me $95.00 for the labor to do both. I feel as though I came out really good for the whole situation! Oh, and the disposal fee? There was not one. The tech

said that he was going to fix the stove and put it in his outdoor kitchen! The oven now functions as it is supposed to and I guess I'm going to fuss some at the Grand Design people

about the reimbursement. Although my heart really isn't in it since this tech doesn't charge an up-front service call fee since he schedules himself to be here once a week. Sorry for

the long post. Just thought I'd share my experience.
    Last edited by Reebus; 04-15-2022 at 05:37 AM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reebus View Post
    Just though I'd share our experience. On our brand new Solitude 310GK-R, the oven in our Insignia stove was a pain in the a## to get lit. It would take sometimes 20 to 30

minutes to get the blasted burners to come on using the prescribed priming method! I called Grand Design since we are full-timers and nowhere near the dealership we purchased

from, and was told that Best-Buy is responsible for the warranty on the stove! They sent me an E-Mail with an online form that I needed to fill out to submit the claim to Best Buy

and they would send someone from the Geek Squad to service the unit. "Here we go" I thought, filled out the form (which said they would contact me within two business days)

and waited. To my surprise, I received a call within an hour of submitting the form! The Best Buy customer rep stated that "we don't send a tech out, we just replace the whole unit

and which dealer did I want it shipped to?". Stunned that they just replace the whole unit for what might just be a malfunctioning thermo-couple or something like that, and

nowhere near my dealer, I asked if they would send it to me where we are staying at the moment. They were more than happy to do that, but they stated that I would have to deal

with Grand Design on being reimbursed for the installation charges. I called Grand Design back and asked them about the charges and they said, of course, that Best Buy should be

responsible! I decided to go ahead and use the RV tech that services the campground I am at and deal with who would reimburse me at a later date. Long story short, the tech

came out and replaced the stove (a much simpler operation than I imagined), and a hydraulic fitting on our levelling system that was leaking due to a missing o-ring (another story

in itself) and charged me $95.00 for the labor to do both. I feel as though I came out really good for the whole situation! Oh, and the disposal fee? There was not one. The tech

said that he was going to fix the stove and put it in his outdoor kitchen! The oven now functions as it is supposed to and I guess I'm going to fuss some at the Grand Design people

about the reimbursement. Although my heart really isn't in it since this tech doesn't charge an up-front service call fee since he schedules himself to be here once a week. Sorry for

In my 2021 320MKS, the middle burner on the cooktop wouldn't stay lit, even after holding the knob in for over 5 minutes. Mind you, this is a Furrion cooktop. I called Grand Design and opened a case with them. They wanted to do it to the dealer closest to me and when I called that dealer, they essentially told me since I didn't buy the coach from them that it would be 6 months or more for them to get to it.

I called a mobile tech, who came out and sent the exact same pictures to Grand Design as I did, since I sent them to him. Grand Design said they would ship the cooktop directly to me.

I received it, called the tech multiple times (never to be heard from again, which seems to be typical in New Mexico), finally done to Grand Design and they agreed to let me replace it myself as long as I sent photo evidence that I physically destroyed the old one, which I did.

No problems with it since then, and the mobile tech, I never heard from again. I reached out to him a couple of times afterward just you try to pay him for his 5 minutes of work.

I'm glad I can do most repairs myself.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reebus View Post

Glad it worked out for you.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S