User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our biggest problem is not what we forgot to do...but what we FORGOT TO PACK!!!! We usually remember about 30 minutes into the trip, or we get there and each thought the other packed something that we now need and don't have...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Our biggest problem is not what we forgot to do...but what we FORGOT TO PACK!!!! We usually remember about 30 minutes into the trip, or we get there and each thought the other packed something that we now need and don't have...
    My first rule of packing is “They have a Walmart there.” I’m really careful to pack things that are hard to replace on the road, but don’t put quite as much importance on things I can buy while we are there. Phones, wallets, prescription meds, glasses etc. will be quadruple checked. Repair parts and tools that would be needed on the road while the rig is immobilized get high priority too. I’ve bought sweatshirts, coolers, socks, waterproof boots and several other things while traveling that I could have packed but left out in the interest of saving weight and space.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Phones, wallets, prescription meds, glasses etc. will be quadruple checked. Repair parts and tools that would be needed on the road while the rig is immobilized get high priority too.
    I guess that's how I'm approaching it. Priority is as you pointed out. Maiden voyage this Wednesday for two nights - verify everything works, can tolerate mattress, and fuel consumption. Will stock some provisions and clothes for May trip but there are plenty of stores nearby where we will be staying next week. I've customized a checklist for us.
    Last edited by ajg617; 04-24-2022 at 07:34 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you might want to consider not to forget is a bug-out-bag. Following along with there is always a WalMart near by, We have two bug out bags that are always the last things that get put into the truck before moving. One bag has our laptop and various charging cords, black books containing all the web sites and addresses and passwords for our family members and various internet sites we need, like Doctor's Office portals, drug company's like Walgreens and CVS.
    The other bug out bag has all of our medications, some spare cloths, toiletry items, bank check books, spare keys, and such. If we have to bail out of the RV and or Truck we have the essentials, at least until things can get replaced.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the one we use, the older we get, the more detail gets added.
    There's one very important item, make sure it's completed at every departure.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	checklist.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	40221
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123