Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonos Move Speaker

Is anyone using the Sonos Move speaker in their RV. Will it connect to the TCL Roku TV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link. I read the review and now think a sound bar wired to the TV would be a much better solution for multiple reasons.

2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Thanks for the link. I read the review and now think a sound bar wired to the TV would be a much better solution for multiple reasons.

I mounted a Sonos Beam over the TV. Used a mount I found on Amazon (British company made it). Mounted it upside down above the TV using thru bolts and fender washers. Yes, this reverses left and right, but in a small space I figured not a big deal.

Also use a Sonos Roam for fireside tunes. Allows for lower volume not to disturb the neighbors (if we have any).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a Sonos Beam (mounted under the our TCL Roku 32” and connected via HDMI to a Sony DVD player). I was able to find a barely used Sanus mount made for the Beam and reinforced the setup with picture cable and additional bolts/washers for weight distribution. I also have a pair of Sonos Move speakers for our deck (and travel). The Beam is the way to go for movies (“pseudo surround”). Your audience will like it!
    U.S. Air Force - Retired (David)
    U.S. Air Force - Veteran (Marla)
    2016 Ford Expedition EL 3.5EB V6
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE; 2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonos MOVE does not have an audio input, which is unlike the BEAM or ARC which use either HDMI (ARC) or HDMI>Optical adapter.

The MOVE does support Bluetooth pairing outside of the designated Sonos App (WIFI), and I have been able to pair to select Samsung, LG, and Sony sets with BT connection capabilities.

Strongly suggest the MOVE for its portable use, and the BEAM for inside. It will be easiest if you can set up the BEAM along with the SONOS APP on local WIFI to allow for program control of TV volume set up. Outside of WIFI, its just a sound bar without BT capability (Does support Apple Airplay but local WIFI needed for paired devices).

Sincerely,

David