User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything but my salary has gone up by a huge margin. Not just RVs. Food, fuel, lumber, construction materials, new/used houses and vehicles..... it's really crazy. We're blessed that we have what I found was a comfortable income. Not rich but didn't have to worry. I'm afraid that at the rate things are going up that, that will change.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to that. I too was blessed to be a tight wad and had plenty of work. I was able to pay off everything 10 years ago. I quit my job of 24 years.

I now own a small private auto repair business. With very little overhead, I charge enough to keep the wheels on. Since my retirement is not touched, I tell my clients that I don't pay for any of my yearly expenses. They do. When my property taxes, fuel, etc goes up, so does my rates. I'm booked for 6 weeks and 90% will wait.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    We purchased our new 150 Series 260RD in March of 2021.

Was at the RV dealer yesterday (not the one we purchased from) a saw a 2022 260RD in the showroom. From what I can see, the only difference between the 2 model years is that the '22's are equipped with a 12 VDC fridge and associated solar package, and a tankless water heater.

The 'Sale' price of the new unit was $25,000.00 more than what we paid last year.

Anyone else notice similar increases, or is this just a local market thing?
    We got our 2020 260RD in November of 2019 and paid $41K. Wired for solar but not an option at the time. But, not a significant deal to add solar. Two Colman AC units and if anyone is interested in the RV Airflow System for the Mach AC units, I have one. Like my 2020 Ford Crew Cab Long Bed Dually F350 diesel, I could trade it in for far more than I paid for it. You pull into a Ford lot for an oil change and there are individuals looking at my truck.

But things are changing. RV lots are now full of new units, as are boat lots. You will see some good trades and owner sales!!!
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE in 2020 for $31K. Long story but we ended up selling that trailer and now are ready purchase again. We want the same trailer. A new 2022 is $43.5K after negotiations. We’re going to pass for now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beam57 View Post
    I bought a 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE in 2020 for $31K. Long story but we ended up selling that trailer and now are ready purchase again. We want the same trailer. A new 2022 is $43.5K after negotiations. We’re going to pass for now.
    It's crazy. [emoji3064]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beam57 View Post
    On the positive side, you should have been able to sell your 2021 for more than you paid for it!

I too bought a 2021 in 2020. I negotiated the price during the lockdown when nobody was buying anything but toilet paper. When it arrived in July, RV sales were booming, and my dealer had no inventory.... They offered to buy it back from me for more than I paid!

It is all relative.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
    We purchased our new 150 Series 260RD in March of 2021.

Was at the RV dealer yesterday (not the one we purchased from) a saw a 2022 260RD in the showroom. From what I can see, the only difference between the 2 model years is that the '22's are equipped with a 12 VDC fridge and associated solar package, and a tankless water heater.

The 'Sale' price of the new unit was $25,000.00 more than what we paid last year.

Anyone else notice similar increases, or is this just a local market thing?
    I did not price my unit new “again” but had a friend tell me that the retail msrp of our 2021 solitude 390 RK almost doubled. We got like one of the first off the line in June 2020. That is a LOT more ridiculous than a laughable “mere 25g’s”. I’d put a lol but it is not funny
    Leo & Cathy
    2021 Solitude 390 RK
    2017 F350 DRW Longbed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as people are willing to pay these outrageous prices, then the manufacturers will continue to increasing the cost. Possibly at some point in the future, the manufacturers will build a bridge too far and sales will drop. Or what's more likely to happen is another 2008 economic crash which will bring some manufacturers back to reality and force others to merge or go bankrupt.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2400 January of last year, a 2021 model for $28k OTD. We debated between that and the 2800, and decided the length was more ideal. Price for that was $31k. Well now camping in it for a year we miss no couch like are previous rig and I contact my dealer (who is a very good dealer to work with) to see about trading in. They offered me $34k trade in and a purchase price of the 2800 for 54k plus ttl. 2400 is paid off but that put an end to that thought real quick.
    I can assure you it’s not GS or rv manufacturers jacking prices for profits. I am an architect and pricing on basic materials on projects we bid out is insane. Even down to the screws needed to hang drywall has doubled in price. In the Midwest we used to use between $180-220 per sqft to estimate most commercial buildings. Now is about $350-400. And the last 12 months have been some of our busiest times. Low interest rates were helping that but since rates are coming up fast we will see if that slows any if this down.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's only going to get more challenging as time goes by. The only question is the speed at which it happens. Start channeling your ancestors (mother and father in my case) that lived through the Great Depression as you prepare for what's to come. We had to laugh when we cleaned out Mom and Dad's home after they died as we ran across hundreds of canned goods, closets full of toilet paper, etc., but they wouldn't have blinked twice during the panic buying of the pandemic. Very few things alarmed them. Their calm demeanor flowed directly out of their "prepping" during calm times. Fortunately, the lessons my parents learned in the Depression and modeled for us kids weren't entirely lost on me......there might be some TP in a closet in a home near me..... ;-)
    Last edited by LawDawg; 04-24-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    2019 GMC 2500HD Duramax
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12