User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Flow Pur Connecting Hoses

Must have lost my 0-ring on the flow pur when I was winterizing. Fast forward to this weekend when I'm up at our seasonal site for a very chilly opening. Hooked up the city water which starts pouring out the canister top. Can't find any parts locally, so decide to pull the filter and join the hoses.

Any idea why those hoses are blue reinforced water tubing, while the rest of the plumbing is PEX?

As a side note, as we alway use blue camco filters at the campground hose bib, and I can never find maintenance parts for the Flow Pur, I think I'm going to simply by-pass it.

cj
    Last edited by Cjohnson; 04-17-2022 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    CJ & Jo
    RIP: Rocky & Rya
    2018 Momentum 327M, 2019 RAM 2500 6.7L Turbo Cummins, BW Companion Slider, Timbren SES, Bilstein 4600

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I unfortunately let the ring fall out one time and absent mindedly put it in one of my storage boxes. When I went to de-winterize the rig, water was pissing out from the top. I totally forgot about the ring to the extent that I didn't even check to see if it was there and tried tightening it - to no avail. After a while I figured I better go on line and see if there was supposed to be a ring (yes - it was that stupid.) Finally confirmed that there was supposed to be a ring and I ordered spares. Before the spares arrived, I ended up staring down at the ring when re-arranging things. Put it in and bingo. and yes the flexible hose bothers me too however, I spent a could weeks removing flexible hose behind the wetbay (also installed numerous brass fittings). I had to remove most of the hard pex hose going to and from the pump due to excessive vibration. Ended up using the steel braided hose and most of the vibration disappeared - that's probably why they put flexible hose around the pump in the first place.