User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backup Camera

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lazy me……. I just went with the plug-and-play Furion that fit the factory mount. I did put a longer antenna on it for better reception at the monitor. Things have been fine for 4 years.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Furrion as well, 38 foot trailer, no issues going on two years now.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 337RLS came with backup camera.

I am having difficulty keeping the connection with camera when I move to the cab? Also, cannot connect from the cab. Anyone have suggestions to enhance the connection?

Thanks in advance

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a pretty good idea attaching the monitor to the rear view mirror while towing and adjusting the camera to give the same view. I might need to try that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not want a separate monitor, especially because I only use the B/U camera when backing up. So I opted for the Hopkins vueSMART Wireless Trailer Camera Model No. 123403, which has an app that shows the live shot on a smartphone. I did need to modify the trailer's built-in bracket by filing away some plastic to make the camera fit, but it works quite well.
    Roger & Leonard
    Imagine XLS 21BHE / RAM 1500 5.7L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this one it has adapters for the Furion connections
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07RZYVD...roduct_details

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtrucky View Post
    2022 337RLS came with backup camera.

I am having difficulty keeping the connection with camera when I move to the cab? Also, cannot connect from the cab. Anyone have suggestions to enhance the connection?

Thanks in advance

You might look at using an auxiliary antenna. We went that route when we had issues with lockups and drops. The antenna attaches to the camera, same as the factory supplied and has 15 ft of cable. I attached it to the top of the round Windgard TV antenna with 3M auto molding tape. Perfect video, no more lost signal and it is solidly mounted with the 3M tape. Inexpensive fix (search Amazon and make sure you get an antenna with the correct coax connecter to the backup camera. If I remember correctly, whole fix is under $25 (antenna and 3M tape).
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had so many issues with the Furrion system, we went to Visionworks. Problems with Furrion were monitor went dim and would not brighten (tried resets, brightness controls, calls to customer service). CS told us it would be $300 for a replacement monitor and at least 4 months to get one, dropped signal that neither Furrion or the retailer we dealt with could help with and a camera which apparently leaked and would fog up on warm and hot days.

I contacted Visionworks while on the road. They shipped to us at a friend's house (2 day UPS) and I had installed in under 30 minutes. The difference was amazing. Full HD image, record capability (did require installing a SD card), the ability to add additional cameras (side views) easily. We did have some drop outs, but their customer service sent out an auxiliary antenna (we had one at home but were about 2400 miles away). Installed the new antenna and a solid lock on the video. When you order a Visionworks system, you tell them you have a Furrion mount (if the mounting is factory (or you) installed) and they will include the correct bracket. When we ordered ours the bracket was tight and the standard antenna would not stand up at 90 degrees. Customer Service again took care of the issue, sending out a new design mount, which moved the camera about 1/4 inch further out from the rear (mounting plate) of the bracket. Now we can point the camera down 90 degrees to up about 120 degrees, allowing me to set up for best viewing of traffic behind us while still being able to monitor the outer bicycle (of 2) mounted on the rear of the rig.

I highly recommend checking out the Visionworks system. Customer service beats Furrion by miles. The company had been building systems for use on agriculture equipment, big rigs for years and recently moved into the RV market. This is not a new startup but a company what knows how to build an outstanding video system for RVs.

I am not affiliated with Visionworks and not receiving any compensation. I am an extremely satisfied customer who is commenting on my experience with both Furrion and Visionworks.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubmarinersDoItDeeper View Post
    Have most of you stuck with Furrion? Or has anyone gone with another brand and had to either rewire or install another mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We bought our truck used and it already had a Reload back up camera installed. Bought the additional add on wired trailer kit and mounted the camera to the trailer license plate. Works great and the small screen on the dash isn’t in the way. Can leave it on while driving but I don’t. It’s only backing up that I care to see behind. https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/reload-wired Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A311683-09EC-4691-AC27-4B90738C89DE.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	485.0 KB 
ID:	40217

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody using one of the Garmin cameras? I have one of the Garmin RV GPS units and they are garmin camera capable.
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast