User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trancend Xplor 231RK wiring

If this is not the correct place to post, I apologize. So I bought backup cameras for my TV and the back of my TT. Vehicle camera works fine, the one on the trailer, not. I bought a kit to interface the factory wiring and mounting. I check for voltage with the trailer and pickup connected, with the plug from the trailer connected to the p.u. and trans in reverse (engine off). Vehicle back up lights are lit. No power at the plug for the camera.
    So, does anyone know how I go about getting a copy of the chassis wiring for this model ? Thanks in advance.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike58 View Post
    If this is not the correct place to post, I apologize. So I bought backup cameras for my TV and the back of my TT. Vehicle camera works fine, the one on the trailer, not. I bought a kit to interface the factory wiring and mounting. I check for voltage with the trailer and pickup connected, with the plug from the trailer connected to the p.u. and trans in reverse (engine off). Vehicle back up lights are lit. No power at the plug for the camera.
    So, does anyone know how I go about getting a copy of the chassis wiring for this model ? Thanks in advance.
    Try turning on the running lights.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that were the case, wouldn’t the camera have activated when I was towing a couple of hours before sunup?
    I will check out, of course, just thinking out loud.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that were the case, wouldn’t the camera have activated when I was towing a couple of hours before sunup?
    I will check out, of course, just thinking out loud.
    Most Grand Design coaches have that back camera tied into the running lights. I should have expanded on my comment and said to turn in the running lights and check for voltage.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, thank you very much. As a professional mechanic for over 46 yrs, I have struggled to get into the engineers heads at times, and two of my boys are engineers.
    I will definitely give that a try later this week.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, thank you very much. As a professional mechanic for over 46 yrs, I have struggled to get into the engineers heads at times, and two of my boys are engineers.
    I will definitely give that a try later this week.
    You're welcome! Yeah, most of the time, those of us who are engineers think much faster than we can type/talk/show, etc, then wonder why everyone is looking at us like they didn't understand anything we said (which of course they didn't because we didn't give them the whole picture).

Most of the time, I am able to explain things in layman's terms, occasionally I just fail.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANAZING ! That’s exactly the reaction I get from my sons ! Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. This has saved me quite a bit of time doing voltage checks on the reverse light Ckt.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera wire at the back of the camper is either hot all the time or wired into the running lights (that is how mine is). It is not set up as a back-up camera since the wire in the trailer connector for back-up lights terminates in the junction box under the front of the trailer.
    I tapped into mine to add back-up lights to my camper.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason GD doesn’t use the backup light wire is so you can use the camera even when not in reverse. People like to use the camera is a rear view mirror of sorts so they can see what’s directly behind them while towing on the roads. If you wired the camera into the backup light power you wouldn’t be able to do that. I guess the running lights wire was the best compromise. And it increases your visibility, as if people can’t notice the giant trailer in front of them.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone, thank you. This was much quicker, and more interesting, than going over the wiring diagram.
    Since my trailer is in storage, and I have a full schedule for a few days, I won’t get to it until the end of the week. I will circle back with what I find, for the enlightenment of the entire community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast