User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I tried pumping my TV tires to 65psi but didn’t notice any improvement over 50psi. The tires max out at 80psi, but I’m afraid to go higher since I have rubber valve stems.

I have Westlake tires on the TT still. I’ll have to look into the Goodyears. Thanks for that idea!
    It is just my opinion, but I think that you should be inflating those Westlakes to 80 PSI. The side walls are very flimsy and need all the help they can get. Why are you running them at 50 PSI? Your trailer has similar specs to my Transcend 26RLS and GD recommends running my tires at 80 PSI. Replacing them is probably the way to go, but in the mean time I'd pump them up to 80 PSI until then. I think it will make a big difference.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Westlake tires on the trailer are always at 80psi. I’ve only tried different pressures on the Expedition.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    While LT tires help, most 1/2 tons are sprung softly and are much lighter than the TT they're towing. Adding LT tires to a 1/2 ton won't make it a 5/8 ton truck. Too many variables involved.
    I would be wiling to be that if you took an F150 157"WB and put LT tires at 80 psi it still wouldn't handle as well as a SB 3/4 ton truck with it's tires at 65 psi.
    You are right, But running tires at max psi gives you less sidewall flex and more stability when towing. When not towing if you run the tires at max they will ride very rough.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The Westlake tires on the trailer are always at 80psi. I’ve only tried different pressures on the Expedition.
    Oh....sorry I missed that, that's the only way to run the Westlakes. Truthfully I don't notice "truck suck" anymore since I switched out our tire to the endurance tires.
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 04-30-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I contacted Bilstein they told me that the the Bilstein 5100 were for lifted trucks/SUVs and to use the 4600 on NON lifted trucks. The reason not to use 5100 is if your truck isn't lifted the shock will not center.

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/product/bilstein-b8-5100/
    Last edited by CWSWine; 05-01-2022 at 06:54 AM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Oh....sorry I missed that, that's the only way to run the Westlakes. Truthfully I don't notice "truck suck" anymore since I switched out our tire to the endurance tires.
    A friend of mine has Goodyear Endurance tires on his TT and offered to loan them to me to try out. I'm going to do that before we make the final decision to downsize.

Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    When I contacted Bilstein they told me that the the Bilstein 5100 were for lifted trucks/SUVs and to use the 4600 on NON lifted trucks. The reason not to use 5100 is if your truck isn't lifted the shock will not center.

https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/product/bilstein-b8-5100/
    Bilstein only makes 5100 for my TV. The 5100 supports stock height, but like you said it's probably not in the center of its travel like a 4600 would be.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345