Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting trailer on blocks for storage

EZ Pass worked great when we were full timing. It is accepted in many states outside the east coast. Beats stopping at toll booths or the dreaded bill in the mail. Only costs a dollar a month. I got two transponders - one for my truck only (and I added my car) and the other for when I have the trailer hitch.

On a separate question, does anyone know if it is bad to put the Solitude up on blocks when not using it to keep the wheels off the ground? Any problems I can run into doing it?

Thanks,

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknoel View Post
    On a separate question, does anyone know if it is bad to put the Solitude up on blocks when not using it to keep the wheels off the ground? Any problems I can run into doing it?

Thanks,
    In situations like this, it's best to start a new thread in the proper subforum rather than hijacking a thread on a different topic. That said, lifting the trailer so all the wheels are off the ground risks flipping the links on the equalizers. There is no need to do this - just take some stress off the springs with the leveling system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknoel View Post
    EZ Pass worked great when we were full timing. It is accepted in many states outside the east coast. Beats stopping at toll booths or the dreaded bill in the mail. Only costs a dollar a month. I got two transponders - one for my truck only (and I added my car) and the other for when I have the trailer hitch.

Thanks,
    We have a 351M, but it on jacks when storage, but just enough to take the weight off the tires, but not enough to let the axle flip, did that once easy to but back if you have a floor jack, takes good size floor jack, but when it flips back in can scare the "H" of your self and any one else around

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts moved to new thread in appropriate sub-forum.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put it up on blocks if for a very long time. Less than six months? Nope. Personally, I'm not convinced having the trailer off the tires on it's stabilizing jacks is safe. All other brands of trailer I have owned stated to never do that.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not use the stabilzig jacks change to 12 ton jack stands on the frame the with the back four jacks retraced and the front two down as normal with the until level,

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
    I do not use the stabilzig jacks change to 12 ton jack stands on the frame the with the back four jacks retraced and the front two down as normal with the until level,
    Why? What is the reasoning?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S