User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silly Question: Where do I get an Owner's Manual w/schematics, drawings, diagrams...?

I have searched high and low online, contacted GD Tech, etc. looking for a true Owner's Manual...you know, the kind of big, thick manual that you use when you want to rebuild or fix a car or truck?

I want to know...SEE exactly how my plumbing system is put together, electrical, fitting specs, parts, etc., etc. If something happens (example: a leak) I need to see a "blueprint" so that I can make an intelligent decision about 1) Fixing it myself, 2) Calling the 24 hour Lippert service I pay for each month, 3) Calling a mobile RV Repair person, or 4) Bringing it up to the place I purchased it.

(Don't laugh!) Any clues???

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Patti DiMiceli

2020 Reflection 230RL, Angelina...my Tiny Home on Wheels

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't exist.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BnAngel View Post
    I have searched high and low online, contacted GD Tech, etc. looking for a true Owner's Manual...you know, the kind of big, thick manual that you use when you want to rebuild or fix a car or truck?

I want to know...SEE exactly how my plumbing system is put together, electrical, fitting specs, parts, etc., etc. If something happens (example: a leak) I need to see a "blueprint" so that I can make an intelligent decision about 1) Fixing it myself, 2) Calling the 24 hour Lippert service I pay for each month, 3) Calling a mobile RV Repair person, or 4) Bringing it up to the place I purchased it.

(Don't laugh!) Any clues???

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Patti DiMiceli

2020 Reflection 230RL, Angelina...my Tiny Home on Wheels
    Ain't no such animal in the RV world, unless it's a motorized coach, and even then it's only if the drive and power trains (usually).

You can get a block diagram of the holding tanks from Grand Design if you call them. Both that's about all.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crawl underneath, drop the chloroplast, take a picture.

I say that jokingly, but that’s probably the best diagram you will get. You may (probably) will not like what you find in there.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you see how they are wired and plumbed you will realize that the workers who built the RV havent seen the diagrams either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, you won't find such a manual. As for determining the exact part you might need, there is a parts lookup section on the GD site. You can lookup your trailer and find the part you need.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the link for an owner's manual for which ever model you own. Scroll through and select you model and year and download it. It will be in a PDF format, so the computer or tablet will need something that is capable of reading PDFs. And like others have said.....you will not find schematics of any of the systems

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    As others have said, you won't find such a manual. As for determining the exact part you might need, there is a parts lookup section on the GD site. You can lookup your trailer and find the part you need.
    As long as you are willing to use the part numbers specified to order from GD (via a dealer). They have no bearing on who made the part, or how to source it from others. Nor are there usually critical specs/dimensions listed. Sometimes you can use the picture and compare to a manufacturers site to figure it out, in order to buy elsewhere. Or find the real info on the part itself if it has such.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img-0005-.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	40147

Thanks SO much, everyone! I truly appreciate your responses!

I figured that would be the "Reality." I do think it's a damn shame that we live in our Tiny Homes on Wheels (some of us full time) and yet have no clue about the "innards..." the systems, etc. I used to be a boat carpenter and rebuilt many from the keel up so I'm used to KNOWING, not living with my "head in the sand" or elsewhere.

I do have the manual but it isn't thorough enough for me and my need to know. Guess I'll call GD, see what "blueprints" I can get, and...gulp...drop the chloroplast if I can. Will look up YouTube videos for ideas, tips, tricks, and inspiration.
    Patti DiMiceli
    2020 Reflection 230RL, Angelina
    Towed by Larry, my Ford f250 Lariat

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not suggest dropping to chloroplast just to “See how it works”.

Is a real pain to get back in place exactly the way it was and get screw holes to line up(2 layers of material with fiberglass batt insulation), wiring will fall as it is not attached to frame, at least a couple screw screwheads will break off, it will take 2, maybe 3, people under the rig to push the sags back up to line up holes, and you have to cutout & replace all spray foam that is around all cuts/protrudes that help prevent water entry. I have done it out of necessity but IMO Overall a bad idea to “See how it works” and may be best to watch you tube videos that show the mess in there if you curious.

I am not familiar with your rig but there is usually an access panel in the pass through storage that will let you see the general mechanical layout of water lines, drains, and electrical cob webs…
    Last edited by NEOhio; 04-21-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast