User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Input Backup Cameras

I have a tailgate mounted backup camera on my truck that was added aftermarket. It is a factory looking handle with integrated camera. It runs up to my a-pillar where I have an edge CTS monitor that doubles as a backup camera. I want to add a 3rd brake light camera. My question is, can I have both the tailgate camera and 3rd brakelight camera come into the edge monitor on a single RCA jack with a splitter... providing that I dont have both cameras powered on at the same time.

I do not have the camera wired to my reverse signal from the truck, so I have a rocker switch I can turn the camera on whenever I want. My thought was to add a 2nd rocker switch for the 3rd brakelight camera and pigtail into the edge monitor on the same input.

Can it work?

Matt
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB 4x4 6.7 Cummins SRW
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 278BH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Maybe consider a switch that powers only one or the other camera so you do’t have to remember or worry about turning one off and the other on. A simple single pole - double throw switch would work for your 12 volts to either camera.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrogan708 View Post
    I have a tailgate mounted backup camera on my truck that was added aftermarket. It is a factory looking handle with integrated camera. It runs up to my a-pillar where I have an edge CTS monitor that doubles as a backup camera. I want to add a 3rd brake light camera. My question is, can I have both the tailgate camera and 3rd brakelight camera come into the edge monitor on a single RCA jack with a splitter... providing that I dont have both cameras powered on at the same time.

I do not have the camera wired to my reverse signal from the truck, so I have a rocker switch I can turn the camera on whenever I want. My thought was to add a 2nd rocker switch for the 3rd brakelight camera and pigtail into the edge monitor on the same input.

Can it work?

Matt
    As long as you only have one camera powered on at a time, that shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    As long as you only have one camera powered on at a time, that shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    That was my thought...
    2012 Ram 3500 CCLB 4x4 6.7 Cummins SRW
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 278BH