Thread: Cargo Carrier?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cargo Carrier?

Hello,
    Thinking about purchasing a cargo carrier for a 2022 303 RLS. Would like information on pros and cons of attaching to the 5th wheel bumper or using rear receiver hitch? I would use the cargo carrier for a grill and bicycle. Does anyone have any experience with the TowTuff TTF-2762KR cargo carrier? You can use as cargo carrier and/or bicycle carrier. Can't find if it is RV rated as a cargo carrier.

Thanks,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnadine View Post
    Hello,
    Thinking about purchasing a cargo carrier for a 2022 303 RLS. Would like information on pros and cons of attaching to the 5th wheel bumper or using rear receiver hitch? I would use the cargo carrier for a grill and bicycle. Does anyone have any experience with the TowTuff TTF-2762KR cargo carrier? You can use as cargo carrier and/or bicycle carrier. Can't find if it is RV rated as a cargo carrier.

Thanks,
    My 2021 303 does not have a bumper, just a 2” receiver. Rated for 300# of “tongue” weight. More than enough to carry a generator and/or a couple of eBikes, or tubs of whatever “cargo” you want to put that far aft. The hitch is pretty robust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Probably not a good idea to attach much to the bumper, the hitch should be fine. Sorry, I don't personally have any experience with that model. It would probably do well with the bicycle and grill, but I would be hesitant to go with the full 500 pounds it's rated for.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no bumper, so, you have about 300lbs to put onto the receiver hitch.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnadine View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    I had an aluminum carrier with a 1.5' x 4' trey, I found an aluminum tool box that fit inside and bolted it secure. Off the back of that I built a frame from unistrut to carry a plastic DeeZee tool box that would fit the front of a bumper pull trailer. In the metal box I kept all the wood pads and blocking for under the landing gear, stabilizers and tires. In the plastic box I kept the septic stuff. In all it added about three feet on the back end
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a trick the other day that I'm going to use. He had a 6" drop hitch on the back of RV and put it in sideways then he attached additional shank onto the carry that fit into the off set hitch so he had two attachment points. I have seen so many of this carries going down the road leaning to one side and this prevents it.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info, MUCH appreciated. I am first time GD owner, and so far really impressed with the 303RLS. Travel safely,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thank you for the information. I would rather use the receiver....and agree, 300# is more than enough for what I want to carry. Travel safely...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW....that is interesting and I may look into that set up. Thank you for the info...travel safely

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this hitch welded to my Solitude. Fits under my existing bumper.
    Ultra-Fab 35-946403 Trailer Hitch Receiver
    Brand: UF Ultra-Fab
    Amazon $211.97

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast