Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to attach a folding leaf desk to wall

I was thinking of making the queen bed up front in our Imagine 2800bh. convertible in to a work space. Basically the thought goes that I would have a seat on top of bed with foot rest and a desk folding down from wall next to door. Maybe something like this

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...004958148.html

Still working though how I would securely attach this to the wall though. Any experience here?

Thx,
    Devan
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 Ford Expedition XLT w/ Heavy Duty Tow

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devanl View Post
    I was thinking of making the queen bed up front in our Imagine 2800bh. convertible in to a work space. Basically the thought goes that I would have a seat on top of bed with foot rest and a desk folding down from wall next to door. Maybe something like this

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...004958148.html

Still working though how I would securely attach this to the wall though. Any experience here?

Thx,
    Devan
    I converted our dining table to a folding table using brackets form Amazon. The largest issue is the support in the wall. Where I mounted there was already "studs" in the wall from where the table mounted. Most of the wall is just foam and thin board that will not support much weight. You find a solid backer and you're golden.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4