User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 point leveling. Middle jacks aren't coming down.

We brought home our brand new 3740BH yesterday. Yay!! Did the PDI at the dealer and everything was good. Yay! Got it home and when we auto leveled the middle set of jacks doesn't move. Boooo! We are newbies to auto level, so we have watched the video I took of the tech showing us how to use it 100 times to make sure it's not us. We are following his instructions. When we push auto level the front jacks start their thing. Then the rear jacks start their thing, but the middle jacks never move.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it finishes the auto level, does it say that it was successful? Is there an error code that shows? Also, if I recall right, if you press and hold the left and right buttons at the same time, the stabilizers should come down, do they?

One other thing, other than disconnecting/re-connecting to reset, while hitched up, extend all the legs, including the stabilizers (manually), then do an "auto retract". That will reset the system for the legs.

My trailer needs to be pretty level when I start the auto level, otherwise it gives me error codes, and I have to reset it.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kengqiuist View Post
    We brought home our brand new 3740BH yesterday. Yay!! Did the PDI at the dealer and everything was good. Yay! Got it home and when we auto leveled the middle set of jacks doesn't move. Boooo! We are newbies to auto level, so we have watched the video I took of the tech showing us how to use it 100 times to make sure it's not us. We are following his instructions. When we push auto level the front jacks start their thing. Then the rear jacks start their thing, but the middle jacks never move.
    The S Class Solitudes use the LCI Ground Control 3.0 electric leveling system. Download the service manual here. https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0-touch-pad
    It will give you a lot of information and trouble shooting tips. Since the front and rear jacks are working it seems to say the controller is getting power. The controller should be in the front overhang storage compartment mounted to the ceiling. There are 6 - 35 amp fuses for the leveling legs on the controller. I would check it out just to be sure every things good there.

Since you are having other power problems from your other post make sure the Ground Control system is getting full power. You can go through the steps on the control panel to see what the battery voltage is.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 04-23-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said above, what does the control do at the end?

The middle jacks are just stabilizers, and only come down after the unit is done leveling with the front and rear jacks.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    As said above, what does the control do at the end?

The middle jacks are just stabilizers, and only come down after the unit is done leveling with the front and rear jacks.
    It just turns off. It goes through its process of leveling and once it's level it just turns off. We have verified that it is level. But the stabilizing jacks don't come down.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    The S Class Solitudes use the LCI Ground Control 3.0 electric leveling system. Download the service manual here. https://support.lci1.com/ground-control-3.0-touch-pad
    It will give you a lot of information and trouble shooting tips. Since the front and rear jacks are working it seems to say the controller is getting power. The controller should be in the front overhang storage compartment mounted to the ceiling. There are 6 - 35 amp fuses for the leveling legs on the controller. I would check it out just to be sure every things good there.

Since you are having other power problems from your other post make sure the Ground Control system is getting full power. You can go through the steps on the control panel to see what the battery voltage is.
    Thank you for the link to the owner's manual. And we will check the fuses.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the link to the owner's manual. And we will check the fuses.
    Yeah the controller has 6 35 amp maxi fuses, one for each jack. Seems not probable that both fuses for the center jacks would be bad. IT's almost like it thinks its a 4 point leveling system. Since you say it checked out ok at the dealer the mid jacks at one point worked. I have never found a way to move the mid jacks separately from the control panel, I don't believe there is a way. Like Steve said, Once level with the front and rear jacks, the mid jacks come down last to stabilize. If the mid jacks don't work I would think you would get an error on the control panel. Our control panel is mounted on the left side cargo door.

I don't know maybe remove all power from the RV including disconnect the battery, in effect power reset the controller and see if that fixes it.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello , is anybody has been able to fix this problem , i have the same issue , with my Solitude S 3450GK , everything work well till i moved up the rear jack (by 0ne hole ) because they was to low in my drive way , the front jack and rear are working , but when it is the time to the middle one , it start moving like 2 inches and then stop , move again 2 inches and stop again , and nothing else after .
    the green light stop blinking on my panel means the RV is leveled !!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello , since your ost have you been able to fix your probem ?? i have the sme issue and lippert can't help me with this ...

Thank you

Ben