User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Soundsailer, nice install. Just wondering if you could report back on your experience with the Lossigy batteries. I was looking at AGMs but then some of these off brand lithiums are not that much more (around $300ish for 100Ah). Some of the more mainstream brands are more than double price for the same capacity, so just wondering about quality of the off brands. Thanks.
    2023 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvestmoon View Post
    @Soundsailer, nice install. Just wondering if you could report back on your experience with the Lossigy batteries. I was looking at AGMs but then some of these off brand lithiums are not that much more (around $300ish for 100Ah). Some of the more mainstream brands are more than double price for the same capacity, so just wondering about quality of the off brands. Thanks.
    I have been very happy with the Lossigy batteries. They have performed exactly as expected. Wish I could say the same for the WFCO WF-9855-AD converter charger I bought to handle Lithium charging. I can unreservedly recommend the Lossigy batteries, not the charger.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soundsailor
    I am a new member, rolled a 2019 GD 273Mk/2019 Ram 2500 diesel in Wyoming during crazy winter, have new 260 RD, super interested in your process as described.
    My question is the wiring for the heat pads. You used. I assume if I keep the the same wired the same into the controller they will work and I can use 1 controller to control 2 pads
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dme4800 View Post
    Soundsailor
    I am a new member, rolled a 2019 GD 273Mk/2019 Ram 2500 diesel in Wyoming during crazy winter, have new 260 RD, super interested in your process as described.
    My question is the wiring for the heat pads. You used. I assume if I keep the the same wired the same into the controller they will work and I can use 1 controller to control 2 pads
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum @Dme4800, hope you will enjoy your 260RD as we have been. Yes, I believe you could use a single controller to service two heat pads. Good luck with your projects, let us know how you get along.
    Stephen and Judy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after owning our 260 RD for almost three years, dealing with the faulty parts and install of the slide system twice, A non Grand Design dealer tech. fixed it correctly the third time, Grand Design, in their defense, did pay for parts and labor, we are finally ready to upgrade the electrical system. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240411_153300_resized.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	50417 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240412_113814_resized.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	50418 Here are pictures of the new battery box that holds 400 amp hrs. of lithium batteries.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwayman View Post
    we are finally ready to upgrade the electrical system. Here are pictures of the new battery box that holds 400 amp hrs. of lithium batteries.
    Nice job with the battery box. Dropping it down like that maintains more room in the front compartment. Those look like batteries you built yourself, how did that go? Do you have heaters for the batteries?
    Stephen and Judy

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. heaters under batteries with thermostats. The thermostats are mounted under the charge controller now. that was todays project.
    The batteries are two Weise 200 amp hr. for a total of 400 amp. hr. battery Bank. Next install is inverter and ATS switch. last will be two more solar panels for a total of 600 when done.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would paint/vinyl wrap the box black. Just saying, it seems to stand out too much. But, that is just me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes. sprayed with black undercoating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For everyone putting in extra batteries and inverters in the front compartment: Any worries about the extra weight up front? I am picking up our new 337RLS soon and planning to put in an inverter and 250 lbs of batteries. Would they be okay there or in the main pass thru storage area? I have a F350 SRW shortbox with a payload of 4,069 lbs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast