User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerryr Yes, the refrig has a two year warranty but only to the original owner, I recently purchased it from a private individual.
    Last edited by wirly1; 04-25-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Second Chance Well I went thru the reboot and still nothing, no cooling whatsoever. After changing the lower board and doing the reboot it does seem like it is now heating up properly and the fan did kick on. It did not do that previously. Also heard what sounds like some noise coming from the refrigerant in the cooling system tubes. I am going to try another reboot to see if anything will happen but not much hope that will do anything and looks like maybe I need to take it somewhere for repair.
    Last edited by wirly1; 04-25-2022 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wirly1 View Post
    @Second Chance Well I went thru the reboot and still nothing, no cooling whatsoever. After changing the lower board and doing the reboot it does seem like it is now heating up properly and the fan did kick on. It did not do that previously. Also heard what sounds like some noise coming from the refrigerant in the cooling system tubes. I am going to try another reboot to see if anything will happen but not much hope that will do anything and looks like maybe I need to take it somewhere for repair.
    I didn't see it asked anywhere in the replies above....how long are you waiting to determine it is not cooling?

The LP/110 refers can take hours before you will see any cooling. Run it for 24 hours and then put a cup of water in the fridge part with a thermometer in it.

They're called a gas/electric absorption fridge because they absorb the heart, they do not make cold.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I didn't see it asked anywhere in the replies above....how long are you waiting to determine it is not cooling?

The LP/110 refers can take hours before you will see any cooling. Run it for 24 hours and then put a cup of water in the fridge part with a thermometer in it.

They're called a gas/electric absorption fridge because they absorb the heart, they do not make cold.
    Yeah I've had it on for at least 24 hours and not one degree drop in temp. This is my 5th travel trailer all with dometic refers, so I am very familiar with them and how long they take to cool down. This is the first I've ever had a problem with one. Appreciate your response though!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 21 Imagine 22 MLE with a Dometic refrig that won't get cold on gas or electric. All the panel control lights are on and it will switch to either with no problems. I've checked fuses, replaced lower control board, replaced thermal fuse, checked ohms on thermister which seems to be ok. Doesnt get the slightest bit cold. I can feel heet at the back where the element is and burner. Don't see any signs of coolant leak. Havent replaced the eyebrow board since everything is lit and seems to switch over fine. Wondering what else I should try before taking it somewhere. Maybe cooling system is shot even though its less then 2 yrs old???
    I’m sure you adjusted the slider on the cooling fins upward.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko38 View Post
    I’m sure you adjusted the slider on the cooling fins upward.
    Yes, up as far as it will go. Doesn't matter where it's located, doesn't get the least bit cool.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to finish up the thread, the cooling unit had a clog near the top before the cooling fins and had to be replaced. Not sure how that happens but the guy doing the repair said he occasionally sees them. Judging from what the original owner said about it taking so long to cool down I believe it was probably not right coming from the factory!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same problem. 2021 Imagine 22MLE, 18months old with very little use, but the refrigerator is not getting cold. Had a mobile RV tech diagnose a “bad burner unit” and he said he could feel it getting hot in the lower section of the unit, but not in the upper portion. So that seems consistent with some type of blockage in the tubing. He tapped on it for a while with no results and he recommended replacing the burner unit.

The problem is, the refrigerator Dometic DM2882RBFX is cheaper than replacing the burner unit. But the warranty only covers parts such as the burner unit…. So… pondering exactly how to get this resolved. New fridge, or pursue burner unit. I suppose it’s up to the warranty company.

But alas, my vacation is interrupted. Had to purchase an ice chest and throw away a bunch of food…

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Refrigerator 2 yr Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I believe Dometic Fridge has a 2 year warranty.

https://epi.dometic.com/globalassets...ref=FB05987CF2
    @Jerryr - Thanks for the link to the Dometic 2-yr warranty. The problem is, you have to have yearly inspections and “Preventative maintenance” done. Don’t know about you, but I generally don’t get inspections done every year on vehicles that are working. Also, have you tried getting an appointment for service at the local dealer? I called Happy Daze in Sacramento, CA today (Sept 19, 2022) and their first opening is the third week in November. So that’s at least a 90-day backlog for service.

This week, only 18 months after taking delivery on my Imagine 22MLE, the refrigerator stopped working (Model DM2882RBFX). The mobile tech diagnosed it as a bad burner unit. Hopefully, my extended warranty will cover it if not the Dometic mfg warranty.

But either way, vacation trip ruined and the fine print on the contracts are less than comforting. We paid good money for these high-quality RVs and Grand Design is among the top quality manufacturers. So I’m expecting better from everyone in the chain. The manufacturer, the dealer service, parts availability and the backlog for obtaining service.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @whirly1 and @Second Chance - I have the same problem. 22MLE Dometic DM2882 refrigerator not getting cold. The mobile tech diagnosed it as “bad burner unit, possibly with a blockage of some type”. He tapped on the burner unit for quite a while with no results. Did you get yours working using the tapping on the burner unit tubes method?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast