User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougSleeter View Post
    @whirly1 and @Second Chance - I have the same problem. 22MLE Dometic DM2882 refrigerator not getting cold. The mobile tech diagnosed it as “bad burner unit, possibly with a blockage of some type”. He tapped on the burner unit for quite a while with no results. Did you get yours working using the tapping on the burner unit tubes method?
    The first time, no (required replacing the cooling unit). The second time, yes.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes! It failed twice?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DougSleeter sure hate to hear that for you! Sounds like they had some defective units or something going on that we got lucky with, ha ha! Hopefully your warranty covers it because it cost me $2500 to get it fixed on mine but at least it only took me 3 weeks to get it fixed from a local RV repair place! So much for the good deal I thought I got on my 22MLE! I know this isnt Grand Designs fault but honestly I'm not impressed with the quality in mine at all. My previous Rockwoods were all much better!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wirly1 Thanks! When I was researching, I found the overall quality of Grand Design to be superior to all except Lance and Airstream.

You’re right, the refrigerator isn’t Grand Design’s fault, but it would be nice if they would be proactive about the issues with the Dometic. I’m hoping maybe they monitor these posts and find ways to help.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougSleeter View Post
    Yikes! It failed twice?
    Oh... more than that. There was also the overheat safety cut-off module (AKA "recall module") that failed, too. That's why we have a residential refrigerator now.

Here are a few tips for posting in threads with numerous participants:
    @DougSleeter - here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123