User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Leak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Leak

Finally got our 2022 321BH out of storage and have been prepping for our first trip. Filled the fresh water tank and turned on the water pump. Starts running and running and running, so I’m sure I have a problem somewhere. Go outside and water is pouring out of the black underbelly at both rear corners. The RV is slightly off level leaning more toward the front so i know the leak is in the rear somewhere. Does anyone have photos or schematics of the underbelly of these beasts so I know at least where to begin dropping the black plastic? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS
    2020 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PowerStroke SRW

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry to hear of your troubles! Unfortunately not. Your best bet is to feel the chloroplast for standing water and pull down where you feel it, otherwise your only choice is to pull down from where it is leaking from and investigate.

Water does run, so unless there is plumbing directly above the leaking point, you will have to chase it down, which means pulling down enough of the chloroplast to see. I wish you good luck and hope you come back here with some good news.

On thing to check is the braided water hoses where they tire into Pex,those are notorious for leaking especially after a winterization and the cold weather,
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    So sorry to hear of your troubles! Unfortunately not. Your best bet is to feel the chloroplast for standing water and pull down where you feel it, otherwise your only choice is to pull down from where it is leaking from and investigate.

Water does run, so unless there is plumbing directly above the leaking point, you will have to chase it down, which means pulling down enough of the chloroplast to see. I wish you good luck and hope you come back here with some good news.

On thing to check is the braided water hoses where they tire into Pex,those are notorious for leaking especially after a winterization and the cold weather,
    Unfortunately I’ve been finding a lot of similar answers when it comes to this. When I turn the water pump on I can hear it spraying (pretty hard) in the rear drivers side corner, almost like a hose is disconnected. I turned on rear bathroom faucet and flushed the toilet so I know those hoses are connected. Tried spraying the exterior hose and nothing comes out so I’m thinking that may be disconnected on the inside. Tried setting up an appointment with the dealer but it’s Sunday so we’ll see. Maybe, hopefully, whatever it is will be covered under the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakazi98 View Post
    Unfortunately I’ve been finding a lot of similar answers when it comes to this. When I turn the water pump on I can hear it spraying (pretty hard) in the rear drivers side corner, almost like a hose is disconnected. I turned on rear bathroom faucet and flushed the toilet so I know those hoses are connected. Tried spraying the exterior hose and nothing comes out so I’m thinking that may be disconnected on the inside. Tried setting up an appointment with the dealer but it’s Sunday so we’ll see. Maybe, hopefully, whatever it is will be covered under the warranty.

It sounds like you may have isolated it already, maybe start pulling the chloroplast in that area.
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely the outside spray port. Did you remember to winterize it when you put it away in Fall?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Most likely the outside spray port. Did you remember to winterize it when you put it away in Fall?
    You’re half right! It was the outside spray port and yes we did remember to winterize that. I removed the drawers under the bunk bed and was able to see my problem, the 90° joint on the pex line to the back of the spray port snapped off.

2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it all figured out. Spoke with Grand Design and they were adamant that the “break” was due to improper winterization (not a warranty issue anymore) yet they’re willing to send me the part to repair myself. As a bandaid and to check for other potential problem I shoved a bolt into the open end of the water line and hose clamped it. Turned in the water pump AND hooked up to water hose from the house and there are NO MORE leaks. Once I receive the new part and install, we should be back to 100%. Thank you for those that assisted in this potential gut wrenching repair.

2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very glad you were able to make such quick work of it. Sometimes these leaks and have us chasing stuff down forever until we find it.

Great job!

Bill
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6423.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	40333
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6422.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	40334

After receiving the part from Grand Design (photo 1) they sent me the incorrect part. What they sent appears to be for a regular faucet. What I need is what is in photo 2. A 90° elbow with some sort of internal workings so when the water system is pressurized it doesn’t spray water until the exterior hose is connected. Anyone know the part number for what I need? (Photo 2 is what I need). Thank you all, again for helping thus far.

2023 Reflection 297RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were dewinterizing yesterday we had this exact problem. The dealership winterized, so it's certainly not on us. Did you ever find the part you need? Do you know what it's called?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast