Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Lake Mead-Boulder City to Zion route

Hello Again!
    Made it through Texas - New Mexico and Arizona - fortunately we were not anywhere near the Tunnel Fire northeast of Flagstaff

So WOW - descended into the Lake Mead Recreational Area and enjoying the blue water view from our campground. Next leg is around Las Vegas to Zion. The change in mountains entering NV was just amazing to Easterners like us

Looks like we pick up I-11 out of Boulder City and go around Henderson, then take 515 into Las Vegas to I-15, then we have two different routes suggested:

I-15 to Exit 16 route 9 through Hurricane and into Springdale, OR
    I-15 to Exit 27 route 17 South into La Verkin and picking up route 9 into Springdale

Since we are towing a Solitude and have the height/length - which would you suggest? Doesn't matter to us if it takes us longer.

We are using a Garmin RV GPS and Trip Wizard for routing...and the Garmin steered us wrong dropping down into Boulder City - didn't take the exit that RV Trip Wizard suggested and took us 22 miles out of the way.

Thanks!!!
    Cindy
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either one would work, although the exit 16 and through Hurricane will definitely be shorter. When we were at Zion last Sept, we came in from the south on Rt 59 and then over to Virgin, Ut where we stayed at Zion River RV Resort. When we left there, we were headed to Moab, UT so once we got into La Verkin, we turned north on Rt. 17 and took it to I-15 all the way to I-70 East and then to Moab.
    Last edited by xrated; 04-24-2022 at 07:55 PM. Reason: correction made on "stay at" campground.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I15 exit 16, no question, my bad on I16 first time!!!!
    Last edited by Scousers; 04-24-2022 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you have already left yet, but we typically just take I-15 to Hwy 9 through Hurricane to La Verkin then onto Springdale. Please note that they have road construction at the 515/I-15 intersection so you will be tied up getting through there.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2