User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This dump cap with a handle was a must-have upgrade for us. The choice of clear was a bonus, so no surprises.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71lp-fGvn6L._AC_SX679_.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	40399
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2022 F350 CC SB SRW 7.3

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytek View Post
    One other thing I would add is to triple check how your trailer is connected to the hitch. Will the breakaway cable snag on something? Will something bind and not allow you to make a sharp turn if needed? It is also good to do a lap or two around the hitched rig before you head out - hard to remember this though when you are hitching in pouring rain.

Tom
    A friend of ours was pulling their trailer when one of the lawn chairs they had in the back of the truck blew out and pulled the breakaway cable with it. Needless to say, they ended up in the ditch, luckily nobody hurt. Their 'experience' has had me carefully checking what we have loaded in the back ever since.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One tip about reviews is many people are hot and cold. Either it a five star or one star. My Wife and I learned that if looking at reviews, remove all the five star ratings and all the one ratings you end up with the real rating of the item, place, etc.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for all that advice! We had a really good first year with the setup and are two trips into our second!
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    2022 Toyota Tundra

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three things:

1. As my old Command Sergeant Major used to say: "Safety, safety, safety...". When you think you are ready to pull out, walk all around the trailer and check everything. Look under it, from the back. Make sure everything is secure. Triple-check your hitch.

2. Make your first outing close to your house, for a weekend. I am sure there is a campground, nearby. You will discover anything you missed before you are several hundred miles from home. It is cheap insurance.

3. SLOW DOWN! This rig is NOT a sports car. If you are in that big a hurry, leave the RV at home.
    Last edited by Najataagihe; 06-12-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    2023 Reflection 315RLTS
    2017 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 6.7L Diesel
    Hensley Swift Arrow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123