Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Note that the Reese Goosebox may not be compatible with the 351MS. I believe GD went to the new LCI "Rhino Box" frame with the change to the "S" version of the 2022 351M (351MS). The last I heard... Reese has yet to release a Goosebox version to fit the LCI "Rhino Box" frame/pinbox.
    Brother Bluto, you are correct on all three counts.

My dealer confirmed that my unit has the Rhino Box.

LCI confirmed that they do not have a Rhino Box version yet. They suggested their own gooseneck hitch.

I spoke to Gen-Y and they have a Rhino Box version. I spoke to my RV sales guy and he said that his customers really like the Gen-Y hitch and his dealership will install it for me. To save me a few bucks, he suggested that I order it and have it delivered to his dealership.

@Brother_Bluto, you really helped me dodge a bullet... We are on a super tight schedule and ordering the wrong hitch would likely have cost us a week. So, THANK YOU!!!

-B
    Last edited by BrokeDown; 04-28-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post

LCI confirmed that they do not have a Rhino Box version yet. They suggested their own gooseneck hitch.

I spoke to Gen-Y and they have a Rhino Box version. I spoke to my RV sales guy and he said that his customers really like the Gen-Y hitch and his dealership will install it for me. To save me a few bucks, he suggested that I order it and have it delivered to his dealership.

@Brother_Bluto, you really helped me dodge a bullet... We are on a super tight schedule and ordering the wrong hitch would likely have cost us a week. So, THANK YOU!!!

-B
    All good and glad I could help. Hope all goes well at Cookeville RV - They are my dealer as well and have done me right. In looking at your signature... I think you may have been the one I chatted with on the phone a while back about Cookeville & Adam West? Enjoy your 351MS!
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    I think you may have been the one I chatted with on the phone a while back about Cookeville & Adam West? Enjoy your 351MS!
    Yes, I forgot about that.
    Thanks again.
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post

-B
    The sales staff at Cookeville RV is great, but service can be questionable. I had them put on my Sidewinder, and not having a torque wrench at the time with a high enough setting, asked them to check the bolts on my hitch. I double checked them with a neighbors torque wrench (certified) about a week later, and found several bolts on both off by 50 ft lbs.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth would they change the mounting pattern of the holes?! That's so silly. I have seen a few people who've modified a Goosebox to fit, and, as mentioned, GenY already has one correctly drilled, but.. Come on LCI, what are you thinking on this one? It's like introducing a new plug for 120V 15A; sure, you can, but "why?!".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12