User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No battery power - battery charge is full

I have left the battery connected all winter with the camper plugged in. On first trip out, I disconnected shore power but realized i had no battery power and couldn't switch the fridge to gas. Interior lights were out and even the radio wouldn't work. I put the battery on a charger but it read "full charge" on the battery. Is there a switchover thing that I'm missing?
    Any help is appreciated!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomWolff View Post
    I have left the battery connected all winter with the camper plugged in. On first trip out, I disconnected shore power but realized i had no battery power and couldn't switch the fridge to gas. Interior lights were out and even the radio wouldn't work. I put the battery on a charger but it read "full charge" on the battery. Is there a switchover thing that I'm missing?
    Any help is appreciated!
    What model? You have probably checked this, but make shure the battery disconnect is connected. Sometimes they get bumped and get turned off. If you can pull the red key out it is disconnected.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    What model? You have probably checked this, but make shure the battery disconnect is connected. Sometimes they get bumped and get turned off. If you can pull the red key out it is disconnected.
    This ^^.

@TomWolff - You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks much - the obvious first place to look - but I didn't! Will do as soon as I get home from work. My issues rarely are easily remedied but its worth a try.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say 'Welcome to the forum'. You've already gotten the advice I would have given (check the disconnect), let us know if that doesn't do the trick.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the help! A little embarrassed but very grateful - yes, it was the kill switch - sheesh!
    Tom & Cindy - Southeast PA
    2019 2500RL
    2018 RAM 2500 6.4Hemi
    Living, Loving and Learning in our 3rd year RVing

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the help! A little embarrassed but very grateful - yes, it was the kill switch - sheesh!
    OK... confession time. When we got ready to roll to the active runway and go wheels up as we launched full-time in our previous Reflection 337, the main landing gear were the only thing that worked after I disconnected shore power. I plugged the rig back in and we rolled by the dealer on our way out of town. 30 minutes later our favorite tech came in the building to tease me. I had hit the battery cut-off switch with a plastic tub loading the basement and hadn't noticed. Things like this happen to all of us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A VERY easy mistake to make. Glad the fix was that simple.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post

We're camping at Council Bluff, MO this weekend and turned off the generator after cooking dinner and all the lights went out. I decided to continue with eating dinner since we were all hungry and ready to eat. During dinner I mentally went through all the scenarios on why the battery didn't work and whether we needed to pack up and go home after dinner. I then got out the multimeter and started testing the connections and it all seemed normal. To the internet and the mygrandrv.com site! Saw this post and checked the disconnect switch. It was just barely hanging on and I reconnected it. Whew! Thank you for this post and glad I had internet in the middle of nowhere.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760