User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad873 View Post
    Now I’m wondering if I somehow didn’t connect the charge wire coming from the controller to the batteries when I put them in this spring when we brought our camper out of storage. I don’t remember seeing any other wires other than the positive and negative cables. Where does the positive cable from the controller connect to the system? Does it connect directly to the battery?
    Man, I’m going to feel really dumb if I simply didn’t connect a wire!
    Are you sure the battery disconnect switch is on (an easily overlooked item)? Also, a picture of your charge controller would help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Thanks @Corky2, just curious if you have the fuse and/or breaker shown in the diagram for the leads coming from the PV panel?
    If I have either they are probably behind a panel near the MPPT where I can't easily see it.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    If I have either they are probably behind a panel near the MPPT where I can't easily see it.
    Yeah, I couldn't find any in my rig either. Adding them is on my to-do list.
    Stephen and Judy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2022 Imagine, the Furion controller is wired to the "fuse" below basement. Thats the device that will reset itself & now "blow" open. The wire from Furion does NOT go to battery, only to that fuse. Why not put a volt meter across each set of wires on MPPT ? If its not a lithium battery and is toast, the MPPT might be upset and not want to push any juice into a dead short ? Maybe check the volts on the battery itself.

I have a 2022 Imagine camper with the Furrion MPPT 25 solar controller. I was stumped to find my batteries not staying charged while sitting with nothing turned on I’m the camper. I then noticed the fault light on when I looked at the controller in the front pass through storage space. It sounds like I need I need to reset the controller, but I am a little stumped at how to do this. A
    Quick YouTube search shows covering the solar panel, removing the fuse or turning off the circuit breaker for 2 minutes, and then turning it back on. I cannot seam
    To locate the fuse and I’m not sure which breaker to turn off. Can someone provide me with some guidance on how to reset the controller? I hope this fixes the issue. Brand new camper that we bought last fall. Been in storage all winter, got it out for one weekend of camping so far and finding several little bugs to work out.

Thanks!
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    On my 2022 Imagine, the Furion controller is wired to the "fuse" below basement. Thats the device that will reset itself & now "blow" open. The wire from Furion does NOT go to battery, only to that fuse. Why not put a volt meter across each set of wires on MPPT ? If its not a lithium battery and is toast, the MPPT might be upset and not want to push any juice into a dead short ? Maybe check the volts on the battery itself.
    I’m still at a loss. I’ve covered the solar panel with blankets and removed two fuses I found under the front compartment tucked up along the frame. The fault light won’t even go off after doing all that so I’m lost as to where to cut power. Battery voltage measures 12.15v
    I disconnected the positive cable from the battery for a few minutes. Hooked it back up, then removed the blanket cover the panel. Fault light is off but there is no light now so I’m pretty sure it’s not working. And the fact that the battery reads 12.15v still tells me it’s not charging. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Brad873; 04-26-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m still at a loss. I’ve covered the solar panel with blankets and removed two fuses I found under the front compartment tucked up along the frame. The fault light won’t even go off after doing all that so I’m lost as to where to cut power. Battery voltage measures 12.15v
    I disconnected the positive cable from the battery for a few minutes. Hooked it back up, then removed the blanket cover the panel. Fault light is off but there is no light now so I’m pretty sure it’s not working. And the fact that the battery reads 12.15v still tells me it’s not charging. Anyone have any ideas?
    It sounds like you've reset the charge controller if the light has gone off. But yes, it probably is not charging if you're not getting the green light. Are you SURE the battery disconnect is off? Are other 12 volt devices on the coach working? Next step might be reaching out to your dealer or GD customer service. I've found the latter pretty responsive.
    Stephen and Judy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    It sounds like you've reset the charge controller if the light has gone off. But yes, it probably is not charging if you're not getting the green light. Are you SURE the battery disconnect is off? Are other 12 volt devices on the coach working? Next step might be reaching out to your dealer or GD customer service. I've found the latter pretty responsive.
    Battery disconnect is off. 12v devices (lights and gage panel) are all working. I have opened a case with Furrion this morning. Hopefully they can help. It's sad when you spend this much on a camper, and all your dealer will say is "contact the manufacturer of the equipment." In the little time we have had this camper, and the few issues we have had, I am beyond disappointed with our dealers service. Not sure if they are all like this or not. But I don't think we will use this dealer again in the future. I have not contacted GD yet about this issue. We had another issue with a slide out that our dealer just said to contact GD with. I did, and was was satisfied with the help they provided. If Furrion is unable to assist, I will try GD next. But based on previous comments on this thread and others I have found on other forums, it seemed like I would end up talking to Furrion anyway.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update in case anyone was following for trouble shooting tricks. I followed the wires from the panel to the controller, and from the battery to the controller. It looks to me like they were wired in backwards at the factory. Now I just need to decide if I want to fix it myself, or call GD to open a case and have my dealer fix it so it's covered if something goes wrong.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update in case anyone was following for trouble shooting tricks. I followed the wires from the panel to the controller, and from the battery to the controller. It looks to me like they were wired in backwards at the factory. Now I just need to decide if I want to fix it myself, or call GD to open a case and have my dealer fix it so it's covered if something goes wrong.
    If the wires were crossed then you could have damaged or walking wounded (stressed) equipment. You could request equipment replaced under warranty. Unfortunately dealer repair could be a long process leaving you stranded.

If it was me I would fix it myself and possibly replace/upgrade the equipment. I don't have much faith in dealer repair centers based on my own experience.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I swapped the wires and the green LED is flashing like it’s supposed to. I did talk to grand design and the guy there said to swap the wires and if it was damaged they would send a replacement. He was also pretty certain it wasnt wired backwards. But it was.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast