User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion MPPT 25 solar controller reset help

I have a 2022 Imagine camper with the Furrion MPPT 25 solar controller. I was stumped to find my batteries not staying charged while sitting with nothing turned on I’m the camper. I then noticed the fault light on when I looked at the controller in the front pass through storage space. It sounds like I need I need to reset the controller, but I am a little stumped at how to do this. A
    Quick YouTube search shows covering the solar panel, removing the fuse or turning off the circuit breaker for 2 minutes, and then turning it back on. I cannot seam
    To locate the fuse and I’m not sure which breaker to turn off. Can someone provide me with some guidance on how to reset the controller? I hope this fixes the issue. Brand new camper that we bought last fall. Been in storage all winter, got it out for one weekend of camping so far and finding several little bugs to work out.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it working properly previously?

The red fault light will come on if the battery is not connected, battery is over charged, battery polarity reversed and PV reversed.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    Was it working properly previously?

The red fault light will come on if the battery is not connected, battery is over charged, battery polarity reversed and PV reversed.
    I’m not sure if it was working properly. We brought it home from storage, hooked up the batteries and plugged it into power. When went camping we were also plugged into power. I just decided to leave it unplugged when we got home and turn everything off. About 2 weekend later I went in and the batteries were dead. And then after looking at the controllers I noticed the fault light was on. Now I’m trying to reset it to see if that fixes it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad873 View Post
    I’m not sure if it was working properly. We brought it home from storage, hooked up the batteries and plugged it into power. When went camping we were also plugged into power. I just decided to leave it unplugged when we got home and turn everything off. About 2 weekend later I went in and the batteries were dead. And then after looking at the controllers I noticed the fault light was on. Now I’m trying to reset it to see if that fixes it.
    There is no reset procedure in the MPPT manual that I found.

I'm wondering if your MPPT output is connected to the battery or the fuse to the battery is blown.
    Last edited by Corky2; 04-26-2022 at 07:28 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know what you come up with, there's not a lot on how to manage the Furrion controllers, any experience you may have is helpful. On my unit there was no fuse, you may have to remove the positive lead from the PV panel to keep any power coming in there, then you could disconnect the battery lead to reset. Be sure that the controller has power before connecting the PV panel back up.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I’m wondering if I somehow didn’t connect the charge wire coming from the controller to the batteries when I put them in this spring when we brought our camper out of storage. I don’t remember seeing any other wires other than the positive and negative cables. Where does the positive cable from the controller connect to the system? Does it connect directly to the battery?
    Man, I’m going to feel really dumb if I simply didn’t connect a wire!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Let us know what you come up with, there's not a lot on how to manage the Furrion controllers, any experience you may have is helpful. On my unit there was no fuse, you may have to remove the positive lead from the PV panel to keep any power coming in there, then you could disconnect the battery lead to reset. Be sure that the controller has power before connecting the PV panel back up.
    The manual shows the fuse external to the MPPT on the positive output cable to the battery. It's probably located where the output cables from the MPPT and the convert cables come together. On my 22RBE it located near the battery along the trailer frame. This would be where the cables to the battery come from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPPT sch.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	40246
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I have more wire chasing to do when I get home from work. The only fuse I found tucked into the frame near the batteries appeared to be for the electric brakes. But I will follow them a little closer tonight to verify. I did pull that fuse, and nothing changed on the controller.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Grand Design does not seem to provide the trailer schematic but I did take a pic of where I think my fuse is located. This pic is taken from under my trailer along the frame just behind the battery.

The two red cables on the left head forward on the trailer with one going to the battery (positive lead) and the other probably going to the power tongue jack (which has it's own inline fuse not seen in the pic). To the right and down are two red fuse holders along cables. I assume one is the MPPT fuse.

Name:	20220426_092514.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	40248
    Last edited by Corky2; 04-26-2022 at 08:55 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    The manual shows the fuse external to the MPPT on the positive output cable to the battery. It's probably located where the output cables from the MPPT and the convert cables come together. On my 22RBE it located near the battery along the trailer frame. This would be where the cables to the battery come from.

Name:	MPPT sch.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	40246
    Thanks @Corky2, just curious if you have the fuse and/or breaker shown in the diagram for the leads coming from the PV panel?
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 04-26-2022 at 10:37 AM.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast