User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad873 View Post
    I swapped the wires and the green LED is flashing like it’s supposed to. I did talk to grand design and the guy there said to swap the wires and if it was damaged they would send a replacement. He was also pretty certain it wasn't wired backward. But it was.
    Way to go, you tracked down the problem and found a solution. To me that is a great sense of security, when I can fix something myself, I'm freed from dependence on the dealer. That's what's so great about this forum, we can support each other and share our knowledge.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Way to go, you tracked down the problem and found a solution. To me that is a great sense of security, when I can fix something myself, I'm freed from dependence on the dealer. That's what's so great about this forum, we can support each other and share our knowledge.
    I agree, crowdsourcing at work!
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad873 View Post
    I have a 2022 Imagine camper with the Furrion MPPT 25 solar controller. I was stumped to find my batteries not staying charged while sitting with nothing turned on I’m the camper. I then noticed the fault light on when I looked at the controller in the front pass through storage space. It sounds like I need I need to reset the controller, but I am a little stumped at how to do this. A
    Quick YouTube search shows covering the solar panel, removing the fuse or turning off the circuit breaker for 2 minutes, and then turning it back on. I cannot seam
    To locate the fuse and I’m not sure which breaker to turn off. Can someone provide me with some guidance on how to reset the controller? I hope this fixes the issue. Brand new camper that we bought last fall. Been in storage all winter, got it out for one weekend of camping so far and finding several little bugs to work out.

Thanks!
    I find myself in a similar situation... Everything was working fine (just got the rig a few days ago). Left it overnight running ceiling fans and came in the next morning to no power. The fans were rotating slowly. Turning the switch to fans off stopped them (it wasn't wind moving them slowly.) Note: fridge was off, so only load was 2 fans and motion detector on lights.

Curious with the new rig, I had seen the flashing green light for days and new it was "working". Battery always seemed full at the panel (been very sunny).

When I noticed that I had no power, I checked the controller: solid red light.

It can't be wiring, because all was fine for days. Nothing is disconnected and no battery cutoff.

I plugged into power from the house... Everything worked. And the red light became flashing green again at some point.

In reading this thread... Did anyone find out how to reset the controller? Is there a fuse or breaker?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JohnnyT, you may have a dead battery. What kind of battery do you have? If it is the lead-acid battery that came with your rig, it is quite easy to damage it by inadvertently over-discharging it (past 50%).

There is no reset on the charge controller. If it went green after plugging into shore power, then probably the battery got just enough of a charge to accept power from the charge controller, thus going from a red error light to a green OK light.
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    @JohnnyT, you may have a dead battery. What kind of battery do you have? If it is the lead-acid battery that came with your rig, it is quite easy to damage it by inadvertently over-discharging it (past 50%).

There is no reset on the charge controller. If it went green after plugging into shore power, then probably the battery got just enough of a charge to accept power from the charge controller, thus going from a red error light to a green OK light.
    Hmmmm... That wouldn't be good, and hard to believe it would have drained so quickly for so little. I'm hoping it was a glitch!

Related question... So I know there is no power in the battery because nothing works (as stated above). I plugged into shore power, so everything worked, including the control panel. It showed a battery status of full? I know that can't be true... Is it a default to show that when connected to power? I'm curious.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    Related question... So I know there is no power in the battery because nothing works (as stated above). I plugged into shore power, so everything worked, including the control panel. It showed a battery status of full? I know that can't be true... Is it a default to show that when connected to power? I'm curious.
    In short, the "battery indicator" on the control panel is a very poor indicator of the actual state of charge (SOC) of your battery. It is simply a voltmeter, and when charging, will almost always read "full" as the converter (charger) is charging the battery at higher voltage then the "full" resting SOC voltage.

To get any useful information on the battery SOC from voltage you need to disconnect all loads for 30 min or more, know the voltage and temperature, and then look up the SOC on a table for your battery (or at least your battery technology).

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    In short, the "battery indicator" on the control panel is a very poor indicator of the actual state of charge (SOC) of your battery. It is simply a voltmeter, and when charging, will almost always read "full" as the converter (charger) is charging the battery at higher voltage then the "full" resting SOC voltage.

To get any useful information on the battery SOC from voltage you need to disconnect all loads for 30 min or more, know the voltage and temperature, and then look up the SOC on a table for your battery (or at least your battery technology).

Chris
    Good advice: disconnect the battery, wait 30 minutes, and use a volt meter (like this one: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07C4LX8LP)
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reset of Furion MPPT 50a Solar Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    There is no reset procedure in the MPPT manual that I found.

I'm wondering if your MPPT output is connected to the battery or the fuse to the battery is blown.
    A Google search on "Factory Reset The Furrion MPPT Solar Charge Controller" pointed me to: "...reset the unit to factory defaults by pressing and holding the "Battery Selection" button for 5 seconds." I'll try this if I need to reset the controller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also found the battery wires were reversed. I looked at the tongue and the positive was grounded to frame…. So I reversed it at the controller and it’s working beautifully. Thanks for getting the conversation going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally realized that the battery wires were reversed on the tongue connections and I could just flip the wires at the controller. You definitely want to turn off the disconnect and shore power, then let the controller reset completely for a few minutes.

Thanks for bringing this up! It really helps to have others post about issues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast