User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If interested, see this recent post with updated info on winterizing the Furrion tankless:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...rrion+tankless
    2019 F250 SRW 6.2L Gas
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    (Previously in a Imagine 2950RL)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I read a post yesterday about frozen tankless water heaters. The post showed that the small stainless steel mixer bowl in the back side of the water heater had split open due to frozen water.

The weather here in Michigan has dropped below freezing. I winterized our 2022 Reflection 337 RLS, with a tankless water heater, by the book. However, the posts which I read indicated that "the book" is not written to ensure getting water out/antifreeze into the mixer bowl on the tankless water heater. Therefore, I immediately checked my tankless water heater today. Unfortunately, the mixer bowl was frozen solid. Luckily the mixer bowl did not split open.

What I have done so far is removed the mixer bowl, and am thawing it out. I don't have a firm next step, but the post that I read yesterday showed adding a drain at the bottom of the mixer bowl so that water can be drained out before/during winterizing. That will probably be my next step.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a tankless water heater, this youtube is definitely worth watching before winterizing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ivf...annel=Paradise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12