User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to know when fresh water tank is full?

Hey folks! I have a new-to-me 2019 Imagine 2600RB. My previous travel trailer simply had a gravity fill ... pretty obvious when you're done filling. With the set up in this rig with the screw on connection and the lever to switch between city connection and tank fill I don't know when it's full? I'm worried about over-filling or over-pressurizing the tank. The manual mentions opening a tap inside to release air as it fills (not something I had considered, makes sense) ... but it doesn't say what it does when full. Seems like a strange thing to be worried about ... but no one wants busted pipes or tanks!

Thanks!!
    -Pam
    2019 GD Imagine 2600RB bought in 2022.
    towed by a 2019 Nissan NV 3500 Passenger van
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwalton View Post
    Hey folks! I have a new-to-me 2019 Imagine 2600RB. My previous travel trailer simply had a gravity fill ... pretty obvious when you're done filling. With the set up in this rig with the screw on connection and the lever to switch between city connection and tank fill I don't know when it's full? I'm worried about over-filling or over-pressurizing the tank. The manual mentions opening a tap inside to release air as it fills (not something I had considered, makes sense) ... but it doesn't say what it does when full. Seems like a strange thing to be worried about ... but no one wants busted pipes or tanks!

Thanks!!
    We know it takes about 20 minutes to fill our tank from empty to full. But we usually wait until it comes out the overflow if we want to be sure it's totally full.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!!
    You won't pressurize the tank filling via the panel in the pass-through. The fresh tank has a vent line. You'll see water pouring out near the front axle just like if you were gravity filling.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pwalton, when we filled our 2600rb, we never used the fitting in the basement; we just pushed the hose into the gravity fill opening. Let it run till we hear a change in sound at gravity fill as the air is almost gone and it starts to gurgle. Let it run a hair more then end it. I am fairly certain there is an overflow drain underneath somewhere; never worried about it.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We know it takes about 20 minutes to fill our tank from empty to full. But we usually wait until it comes out the overflow if we want to be sure it's totally full.
    I didn't know there was an overflow ... great to know! Thanks!
    -Pam
    prior trailer: 2017 Coleman CTS16FB towed by a 2012 Kia Sedona, then the 2019 NV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wudwork View Post
    @pwalton, when we filled our 2600rb, we never used the fitting in the basement; we just pushed the hose into the gravity fill opening. Let it run till we hear a change in sound at gravity fill as the air is almost gone and it starts to gurgle. Let it run a hair more then end it. I am fairly certain there is an overflow drain underneath somewhere; never worried about it.
    I don't see a gravity fill. There are two fill location options, one on each side (convenient), but both are threaded connections. I'll have to look again. Thanks!
    -Pam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    You won't pressurize the tank filling via the panel in the pass-through. The fresh tank has a vent line. You'll see water pouring out near the front axle just like if you were gravity filling.
    Sometimes being an engineer by day means I overthink things, I should've known they'd have some sort of overflow/relief somewhere! Just wish it had been mentioned in the manual. THANKS!
    -Pam

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see a gravity fill. There are two fill location options, one on each side (convenient), but both are threaded connections. I'll have to look again. Thanks!
    On my 2022, the gravity fill is right in front of the right front wheel and while the cap makes it look like it's covering a threaded opening, it's not a hose fitting. It's large enough to stick a garden hose into the opening and let it run.

There are two threaded hose connections on the left side. The rear one is your black tank flush. Don't try to use that to fill your fresh tank.

One of the handiest things I've bought so far after starting camping this winter is one of these guys. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 Works great for filling your fresh tank with a specific amount of water (we like to travel with about 15-20 gallons in the fresh tank) AND for running your black flush for a while with your gate valve closed (proceed with caution if you try this).
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use that water meter exactly the same way. Only I put an anti-backflow adapter between it and the black tank flush hose. Want to make sure nothing in the black tank flush hose goes backwards into the meter.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    On my 2022, the gravity fill is right in front of the right front wheel and while the cap makes it look like it's covering a threaded opening, it's not a hose fitting. It's large enough to stick a garden hose into the opening and let it run.

There are two threaded hose connections on the left side. The rear one is your black tank flush. Don't try to use that to fill your fresh tank.

One of the handiest things I've bought so far after starting camping this winter is one of these guys. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 Works great for filling your fresh tank with a specific amount of water (we like to travel with about 15-20 gallons in the fresh tank) AND for running your black flush for a while with your gate valve closed (proceed with caution if you try this).
    That meter is definitely an interesting idea ... and will definitely help!

I'm going out again Friday, I'll look again at all the ports. I swear I removed the cap on the camp side and it was a threaded connection, just like that in the pass-thru ... but it's been a hot minute and my memory doesn't last that long anymore. And, yeah, the black tank flush is well marked, thankfully!! But at least this trip I won't worry as much about overfilling/blowing up the tank!
    -Pam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast