User Tag List

Thread: 2nd ac options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd ac options

Hello All,

Bought a 2015 reflection 27rl last April- really enjoy using it. I want to add the 2nd ac. I watched the two install videos in another thread here, very detailed. My question is do do yo have to use a low profile one there or can you use the full height air command like on the back? Rolling down the road, I have seen other reflections with low and high profile units in bedroom. Opinions welcome-

Thanks again

Mark

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing about using a low-profile AC up front is that the roof over the bedroom in the front is the highest point. The Federal limit for height is 13'6" - which doesn't mean that every place you might want to go will have that clearance. Generally speaking, if you're under 13'6", you should be good to go on Interstates, etc. The exterior height listed by Grand Design for your trailer is 11"11". At that height I would think you would be OK with a standard profile AC up front. Just measure after the installation (with the trailer on the truck on level ground) so you'll know what clearance you'll need.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, that was the way I was leaning ( basically 5 inch difference) . Ordered the full height last night. Enjoy the rest of your week.

mark

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The thing about using a low-profile AC up front is that the roof over the bedroom in the front is the highest point. The Federal limit for height is 13'6" - which doesn't mean that every place you might want to go will have that clearance. Generally speaking, if you're under 13'6", you should be good to go on Interstates, etc. The exterior height listed by Grand Design for your trailer is 11"11". At that height I would think you would be OK with a standard profile AC up front. Just measure after the installation (with the trailer on the truck on level ground) so you'll know what clearance you'll need.

Rob
    Rob, you might be surprised to learn that there is no Federal limit on vehicle height. Strictly on a state by state basis, and most states west of the Mississippi are 14’ or more. I believe Alaska used to have no height limit, but is now 15’.

13’6” is the minimum Interstate height limit for bridges and overpasses, not a vehicle height limit.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Rob, you might be surprised to learn that there is no Federal limit on vehicle height. Strictly on a state by state basis, and most states west of the Mississippi are 14’ or more. I believe Alaska used to have no height limit, but is now 15’.

13’6” is the minimum Interstate height limit for bridges and overpasses, not a vehicle height limit.
    Exactly why we went with a low profile AC for the bedroom. Without we were 12'4". Didn't want to be in the boat that we might wind up too tall, or close to it, after install.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post

Thanks for straightening me out!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    Bet it takes more than that to straighten you out!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    I have read that the 13'6" minimum was to ensure that military equiptment would be able to pass.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison