User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I use. You can put in two short sections of E-Track just for your front tires if you want, so you have something to ease up against. It also makes tying down much simpler and more secure. With that big Can-Am and bigger tires, the trick will be to not simply drive over it. I also would suggest putting it in N toward the end when you get close and rolling it forward manually. We can do that with our Teryx.

There are other options that attach to the E-Track that would be more substantial.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E-Chock 09162.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	40263
    Last edited by Lawdog; 04-27-2022 at 04:12 PM.
    2018 Momentum 349M

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Maybe in some ways we are talking past each other. I agree that it may only be 50lb or even less. I just think if the SxS takes away 50LB from the hitch, that's actually a decent amount! When the SxS is already taking away hitch weight because it's behind the axle, another 50# is pretty big in my eyes.

But obviously that is subjective!
    Just a matter of perspective.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    This what I use. You can put in two short sections of E-Track just for your front tires if you want, so you have something to ease up against. It also makes tying down much simpler and more secure. With that big Can-Am and bigger tires, the trick will be to not simply drive over it. I also would suggest putting it in N toward the end when you get close and rolling it forward manually. We can do that with our Teryx.

There are other options that attach to the E-Track that would be more substantial.

Name:	E-Chock 09162.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	40263

Thanks for the suggestion. How did you secure the etrack to the floor?

I put a ton of e-track in my trailer that I used to haul my SxS and love it. But since the garage will be part of the living space (going in and out of the patio for example) I am a bit hesitant to put crap on the floor to keep hitting and tripping over. Especially that I have toddlers running around. I will have to think about what to do. Maybe I will just put 2 E-track pieces, perpendicular to the SxS. So one in the front and one in the rear. That should allow me to get into the frame rails and I should still be able to attach all 4 wheels. But having it just in the front and rear of the garage wouldn't totally ruin the walkability. Or as you said, maybe I can just put small pieces in front of just the front tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was done by the original owner, one of the mods that I loved and made me buy it. He simply used a lot of screws! It's actually a solid piece of flooring underneath the garage floor--3/4 plywood IIRC. As for tripping, roll a piece of carpet over it and you're in good shape. You can also get plastic end caps to cover the ends to reduce their sharpness, but that's a personal preference.

Name:	349 Garage.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	40264
    2018 Momentum 349M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say backing in was a night and day difference, but it did help to the point I back in all the time now.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I back our pretty highly modified ie: heavy, '19 Honda Talon X2. I find it easier to tie down and with our 31G more forward weight is a good thing. I also did the E track and use the E chocks. Makes getting it in exactly the right place super easy. I cut the E track into 4 pieces and used 92 - 1/4 x 1 1/4" lag screws to secure them. Have towed a lot on some terrible roads on the way to our boondocking spots. Never had any issue. I used some pieces of red duct tape on the floor to help guide me in. The rearward tracks end up under the Happijac couches. The forward ones have not been any tripping hazard. I used some bolt head covers and plastic end transition pieces to finish out the install a bit nicer.

Install video from our channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bZp8_7FhU&t=56s
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I install my tie down system the same as Terry H actually watched his video Thanks Terry. The e track system works awesome with the wheel chocks and straps, machine doesn’t move at all. With my General I back it in to the etrack wheel chocks tie it down in not even 10 minutes done . Straps over the tires is very secure it holds your unit where it never moves, I’m very happy with the way it turned out.
    My Trailer is a 2020 Momentum 320G
    Truck 2019 Chev Silverado 3500 LTZ 6.6 box Duramax
    Firestone airbags rear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had same problem putting my RZR-1000 into Momentum 349M with 13' long garage. I solved it by having my son drive up the ramp in low gear and stop within 6-12" from the wall and put it in park. I would then chock the back of front wheel, after that he puts transmission into neutral and we both push on the front wheels and roll the vehicle all the way until we touch the wall.
    My RZR weighs about 1500lbs. Pushing the vehicle the last 6" is not hard, I did it myself few times. The rear wheel are still on the ramp section of the garage floor and the 3 season doors have to be left open or they will scratch back of the vehicle.
    Hope this helps

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123