User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling SxS into garage

Have any of you guys with the bigger SxS's picked up any tricks to make pulling in the any easier? I've got a 14ft long 74" wide Can Am so it fills up both the garage length and door width on my 381m. It only took a few minutes with the help of my wife, but because of the dovetail, it definitely seems that getting the last few inches in is really hard on the belt and other parts. Your trying to get as close as possible while not hitting it, while simultaneously rolling back when not on the brake. Those last few inches you see behind me are actually required for the 3 season doors and patio rails.

I have a winch up front, so using that would make things exponentially easier and allow me to do it without help. BUT, I have no idea what I could attach it to. Since I have to get to within an inch of the wall or so, I can't do it on the D ring. I don't think anything on that wall will support pulling up 2100# up the ramp, right?

Let's hear it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-22053028.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	40252
    Last edited by timelinex; 04-26-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can relate. I have the 351 and can't fit my 2 seat Can Am in without taking off the patio sides. I have to back it in to help distribute the weight forward a little better. I usually put it in low and 4x4 to help creap in a little slower. It's tight, door to wall.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich38 View Post
    I can relate. I have the 351 and can't fit my 2 seat Can Am in without taking off the patio sides. I have to back it in to help distribute the weight forward a little better. I usually put it in low and 4x4 to help creap in a little slower. It's tight, door to wall.
    What symptoms did you feel when you parked it in normally, do did you immediately back in it to prevent symptoms?

I have been considering what I should do in this regard. Pulling in forward will reduce payload, which is a good thing in some ways and bad thing in other ways!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To prevent the rear tail wag, I wanted to have more weight closer to the rear axle. Mine only has 2 axles.
    2020 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually
    2018 351M Momentum Toy Hauler
    2015 Can Am Turbo Maverick - sold
    2019 Can Am X3 XRS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    Have any of you guys with the bigger SxS's picked up any tricks to make pulling in the any easier? I've got a 14ft long 74" wide Can Am so it fills up both the garage length and door width on my 381m. It only took a few minutes with the help of my wife, but because of the dovetail, it definitely seems that getting the last few inches in is really hard on the belt and other parts. Your trying to get as close as possible while not hitting it, while simultaneously rolling back when not on the brake. Those last few inches you see behind me are actually required for the 3 season doors and patio rails.

I have a winch up front, so using that would make things exponentially easier and allow me to do it without help. BUT, I have no idea what I could attach it to. Since I have to get to within an inch of the wall or so, I can't do it on the D ring. I don't think anything on that wall will support pulling up 2100# up the ramp, right?

Let's hear it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapchat-22053028.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	40252
    You could make some ramps for the front tires. Something that can be removed at camp. Raising the front would allow the rear to be further inside and may even make it easier to strap it down
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
    What symptoms did you feel when you parked it in normally, do did you immediately back in it to prevent symptoms?

I have been considering what I should do in this regard. Pulling in forward will reduce payload, which is a good thing in some ways and bad thing in other ways!
    It doesn't matter what direction you pull it in or if you back it in....the payload will be the exact same. I suspect you are talking about weight distribution...not payload.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    It doesn't matter what direction you pull it in or if you back it in....the payload will be the exact same. I suspect you are talking about weight distribution...not payload.
    I think he just said it different. Pulling it in forwards will mean heavy (motor) part will be in the rear, reducing TW and thus reduce the amount of his trucks payload that is used by the coach. Same thing, just different words and more of them.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I think he just said it different. Pulling it in forwards will mean heavy (motor) part will be in the rear, reducing TW and thus reduce the amount of his trucks payload that is used by the coach. Same thing, just different words and more of them.
    LOL, maybe that is what he meant.....but he won't have TW......he's dealing with pin weight on 381 5ver. And with a triple axle trailer like his, there really isn't much affect on that pin weight with the SXS pulled in or backed in.....some, but not much
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slip of the tongue. I meant it will leave more payload on the TV. The correct thing to say would have been it will reduce pin weight.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    he's dealing with pin weight on 381 5ver. And with a triple axle trailer like his, there really isn't much affect on that pin weight with the SXS pulled in or backed in.....some, but not much
    I'm not sure I agree that whether you place 500# directly behind the axles or 14ft behind them doesn't do much... I guess it also matters what you consider much or not! But I may be wrong, so I will test it out and get back to you guys for other peoples future reference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast