User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I thought that if the battery was removed and the 7 pin was hooked up, that the legs would work.

I do not know about you all, but just looking at the front of the 5th wheel looks real sketchy to walk under. I am NEVER under the overhang unless it's hitched or the legs are down. Even when hitching, I am on the side of the trailer, never under. Murphy's Law and the Darwin theory should mean something.

My wife says I'm too negative and she is probably right. I plan on the worst case scenario in most everything I do. Be it hang gliding, riding my bike, or traveling in my pickup towing something that could kill me. So far, it's worked out.
    I doubt if the Electric one would work without the battery in place. I know for sure they won't work on the hydraulic units like mine. Even a 55A converter isn't enough to power the hydraulic system without the battery....well, at least not for long. I hung an amprobe on the battery leads going to the hydraulic pump motor on my Momentum 394 with the 6 point leveling. Just raising and lowering the landing gear it was pulling right at 70A.....so a wimpy little trailer connector 7 pin plug would probably blow the fuse on that circuit almost instantaneously. I have no idea what kind of current the electric legs draw, but I suspect that it's quite a lot also.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dadelberg View Post
    I have a question on the leveling steps / process.

Once parked, I place blocks underneath the front pads. Then I lower the front two jacks to disconnect the trailer from the hitch. Then I place blocks under the middle and rear jacks and manually lower those jacks until they touch the blocks. Then I auto level the unit. The reason I do this is make sure the jacks are centered on the blocks.

The manual says to lower the front jacks to disconnect from the hitch and then auto level.

Any concerns with my lowering the middle and rear jacks first?

Thx
    Nope. None at all. Keep doing what you are doing.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once parked, I place blocks underneath the front pads. Then I lower the front two jacks to disconnect the trailer from the hitch. Then I place blocks under the middle and rear jacks and manually lower those jacks until they touch the blocks. Then I auto level the unit. The reason I do this is make sure the jacks are centered on the blocks.

The manual says to lower the front jacks to disconnect from the hitch and then auto level.

Thx
    When we had our 40' Weekend Warrior toyhauler 5th, I lowered the front landing gear, disconnected from truck, and leveled. Then I dropped the rear jacks. Dropping both front and rear, then leveling could easily put excessive weight on one or both sets of jacks.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx
    As long as the nose can drop down significantly past level, it's fine. If you're parked on a slight hill with the nose high when you disconnect it may not be able to lower the nose low enough and you will get a leveling error

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    There is no way I could release the pin if the trailer is trying to roll backwards. I would not release the pin unless the landing gear is on the ground too. I guess I will have to look at that YouTube video to see how that could happen.
    That is because they had blocks under the landing gear, when the trailer rolled backwards it fell off the blocks. In my opinion it is a bad idea to put blocks under the landing gear.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123