User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course if I could have my druthers I would go with a truck with a cummins motor, allison transmission with a ford body and suspension.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Glad you got your truck coming to you. I'm still waiting on the KR LB SRW I ordered at the end of October. Supposedly Ford will start building in 5/9 - we'll see. When did you order yours?

Like you, I priced the Ram (and a Denali). ALL ARE EXPENSIVE.

I won't get into the horsepower or 'my truck is stronger than yours' debate. It's a waste of time - any of them are way over powered and have sacrificed any reasonable fuel economy. And they will all tow an aircraft carrier up a hill. Well, at least they'll all tow whatever GD we're pulling without a problem.
    Larry
    I ordered a couple weeks after you the first part of November. Did you by chance order the spray in bed liner, adaptive steering, or adaptive cruse? all of those delayed the build. I may have gotten lucky with my dealer having a larger allotment too. A lot of factors came in to play. You can find details at the Blue Oval Truck forum. One clue its ready for production is if you can print out the window sticker. There was a link on the Ford notification email I got. What color did you get? I went star white this time. My first white vehicle ever.

Build :2022 F350 SRW LB King Ranch, 5th wheel prep, goose neck hitch kit, LED headlights, 6.7, 10 speed trans, 4x4, 3.55 locking rear end, up fitter switches, bed step, 12,400 GVW, Rapid heat, block heater, skid plates, and full wheel well liners front and rear. The rapid cab heat includes the 397A alternator package. Whats curious is my 2004 F350 dually only had a 11,400 GVW.

Hang in there
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    I have priced out a Ram lately. Just got it 2 weeks ago. I also priced out a comparable F-350. If you take the time to go through and match features, they were within $1,000 of each other. Payloads on comparable models are a push. I'm sure these guys look at each other's products, features, and prices.

I'll take an in-line 6 over a comparably sized V-8 any day. 7 main bearings in the 6 vs 5 main bearings in the V-8. 60° rod spacing in the 6 vs 90° rod spacing in the V-8. Anything over 5 or 6 speeds in an auto tranny is a marketing gimmick. Sure, you get a touch more MPG traded against much more frequent shifting. Let's see, do I have any more "Opinions are like … (insert body part here). Nope, sorry.

Also, as far as I could tell, you can't get a dually Ford with a short bed. Another 16" in length to deal with if you want a full size cab. This is probably the only real, valid differentiator here.

I think they are all gorgeous and everybody loves their choice (a little subconscious "I made the right choice" post-justification going on there, I think).

I am proud to say I have NEVER owned a Ford product.
    Tom you are correct. The dually can't be had in any configuration with a short bed. I did not know that as I always get a long bed for the larger fuel tank. Learned something new.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when the OP priced it out was that for a Megacab? I’m under the impression that the RAM HD is still using the old small cab from 10 years ago. When you spec out a Ram CCSB it comes in at 240”, a Ford or GM is about 250”. Then opting for the Megacab($$$) gets you a 252” truck. Note that the Ram has the smallest standard bed on an HD, that’s notable if you are gonna pull a fifth wheel.

I do feel like Ram prices are the highest now but they do offer some of the bigger employee or supplier discounts.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    So when the OP priced it out was that for a Megacab? I’m under the impression that the RAM HD is still using the old small cab from 10 years ago. When you spec out a Ram CCSB it comes in at 240”, a Ford or GM is about 250”. Then opting for the Megacab($$$) gets you a 252” truck. Note that the Ram has the smallest standard bed on an HD, that’s notable if you are gonna pull a fifth wheel.

I do feel like Ram prices are the highest now but they do offer some of the bigger employee or supplier discounts.
    I used the Ram build site and chose the closest match to the KR interior which was the Limited Long Horn 4x4 in leather. I chose the 8' bed CC or whatever it is called (4 door). Then added the same or similar options as best as I could tell including the 6.7 HO. Like I said the build site is rough compared to Ford or GM which both have pull down menus for detailed information on the options. I think I got close and this was just to check my funny neighbor. As the 2022 order bank is closed. Ford has removed almost all the options they once had from thier build site. Chevy/GM has dropped a few too.

And for clarification - through my work (construction) I have driven all 5 in gas versions - whatever the State bid was and who won. They included Ford, Dodge, Ram, Chevy, and GMC mostly in 3/4 ton configurations the GM/Chevy road the best but had drive line issues. the Dodge Ram rusted out in 3 years (Mag Chloride and road salt issues) and was like it had no seat padding The ram always sounded like it was falling apart with rattles and bangs - killed my back. Ford had the fewest problems, but its bench seat felt the best to me as I am a short round dude. My 6' coworkers liked the GMC best. These were basic low end bench seat trucks - no power anything except steering and no AC. But you should know we drove the Heck out of them through the construction sites. When I retired, I worked for a consultant that had all Toyota Tundras - nice compact truck and they did hold up.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_35.../2022/ram_3500

Well enough said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great debate. I knew I'd get everyone going. Didn't have nothing else to do today.
    but there is one fact that we can't argue, Ford is #1 in sales in pickups going on for 45 years or so. Not Dodge or whoever owns them at this point. They change every few years or so at this point. Not government buy out motors. Who by the way their diesels are on hold & no sale because they are hydro locking. Nope Ford leads the way. And all others are playing ketchup.
    peace & love all
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I clicked through on the Ram link, it’s costs $1500 for the mega cab. So add that in to your comparisons if you want to fit some decent size people back there.

Really they’re all quite expensive for what you get.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Congratulations Powerscol on your new Super Duty Power stroke scorpion.
    Once you receive it & start driving around the 4 corners you will know that you made the right choice right off. You might know that I bought a 2021 Super Duty last summer. XLT with a 6.7. Gotta say that I love the truck. And even though I was looking for a 7.3 gas I am very impressed with the 6.7. There ain't a truck that you will take the back seat to on the hills around here. I know many have tried me. LOL And none got by me. When you get your truck & get it broke in you'll have to take it out against your neighbors Cummins & give him a thrashing up Hesperus Hill. Oh & the 10 speed is a dream come true transmission. Love the way it shifts & behaves.
    And I love to drive with the engine brake on so that I can hear the scorpion V8 engine rumble. Way Cool.
    How many Cummings guys have I heard say later "Gee I could have had a V8"
    Fords Forever,
    Russ
    Wait what???

Has hell frozen over???

Who are you and what have you done with the real Russ?? No way he would by a overpriced unreliable diesel. Nope. No way.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    Great debate. I knew I'd get everyone going. Didn't have nothing else to do today.
    but there is one fact that we can't argue, Ford is #1 in sales in pickups going on for 45 years or so.
    Keeping with the sense of light-hearted fun here, using this logic would then tell me that since 1 billion people eat rice each day, rice MUST be the best food on the planet.

If you can't Dodge it, Ram it.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Wait what???

Has hell frozen over???

Who are you and what have you done with the real Russ?? No way he would by a overpriced unreliable diesel. Nope. No way.
    Well, believe it not hell did freeze over kind of. When I bought my bigger RV trailer my 3/4 ton gasser didn't have enough springs in the rear. I had to have a 350 to make the ride more stable down the hwy. I looked for 5-6 months for 7.3 gas F350 with a 430 gear set. I couldn't even get a sniff of one. So I talked to my Ford dealer down in nearby Farmington NM about ordering one. I have bought trucks there for 25 or so years. They told me the order could be 6-9 months up to a year and maybe not get built at all. They wouldn't give me a trade price on my 2012 F250 untill the ordered truck arrived if ever. They traded a vehicle for a F350 diesel XLT short box from a Ford Dealer in Utah. Beautiful rapid red paint. It had 280 miles on it. Drove it & got a top trade price on it for my gasser. And here we are today. Do I trust it as much as a gas engine in the long run? Nope. They tried to sell my a extended warranty, nope. My plan is to drive it 3-4 years then trade for a new updated Super Duty Lariat 7.3 gas that is if things ever come back to normal. Its a good thing that I bought this truck as there is absolutely nothing around here now. Hope that it all gets better for all of us.
    Russ
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast