User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing snap pads - individual lowering of feet?

I haven't yet found a way yet to lower a jack individually except for the front two - trying to install snap pads. Placing the blocks under was pretty straight forward. However, it is mud season here and the blocks sunk with the weight of the 310 with all the rain and thaw cycles and are just about flush with the gravel base that the trailer is sitting on. Getting the snap pads aligned correctly will need closer tolerances. Touch pad doesn't give much individual control as far as I can tell and the One-Touch documentation in our package doesn't match what's on the display in the trailer. Am I missing something?
    Thanks,
    John
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I haven't yet found a way yet to lower a jack individually except for the front two - trying to install snap pads. Placing the blocks under was pretty straight forward. However, it is mud season here and the blocks sunk with the weight of the 310 with all the rain and thaw cycles and are just about flush with the gravel base that the trailer is sitting on. Getting the snap pads aligned correctly will need closer tolerances. Touch pad doesn't give much individual control as far as I can tell and the One-Touch documentation in our package doesn't match what's on the display in the trailer. Am I missing something?
    Thanks,
    John
    Have you tried the app on your phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al & Cyndi
    2022 Solitude 380FL-R
    2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax crew cab

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,
    John
    It is recommended that you install the Snappads on a hard surface, like a parking lot or a driveway.

One option would be to just plan to install them at the first rest stop you pull into on your first trip, they only take a few minutes to install and you can keep a small bottle of dish soap handy for installing them.

Having said that, you don't need to control each leg individually, you simply place the Snappad under one leg and lower all the levelers down into position (either the 2 landing gears, or the 4 stabilizers). Once the first Snappad is installed, you retract the stabilizers until one lifts off the ground and install the next Snappad. This really works best with one person positioning the Snappad and another person operating the controls (unless you have the controls installed on your Smart Phone).

If it is mud season where you are at, simply find a driveway or another hard , flat, surface.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks,
    John
    The instructions say to use a lubricant when installing jack pads. I fully recommend you do. I used Dawn and it worked well. A friend of mine didn't use enough lube and the foot of the jack broke the top of the jack pad so it doesn't stay on properly.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R
    Factory Solar, Factory Disk Brakes, Heat Pump

2017 Reflection 29RS (Sold)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx all. Dawn is on hand but I'm not level enough and after this winter macadam driveway is a mess so might be tabled for another location. Haven't used the app except for Tire Linc but no detail on leveling with Compass Connect or the LCI app in any documentation. I watched it auto level and I'm assuming the mid-ship jacks are the last to come down. I don't recall whether the rear jacks came down in unison or one at a time. But is there a way to 'pause' auto level from either the app or the control panel so I can set the pads as close as possible to centered?
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx all. Dawn is on hand but I'm not level enough and after this winter macadam driveway is a mess so might be tabled for another location. Haven't used the app except for Tire Linc but no detail on leveling with Compass Connect or the LCI app in any documentation. I watched it auto level and I'm assuming the mid-ship jacks are the last to come down. I don't recall whether the rear jacks came down in unison or one at a time. But is there a way to 'pause' auto level from either the app or the control panel so I can set the pads as close as possible to centered?
    You should have a method to "Manually" control your jacks. The front landing gear jacks act together and the back four jacks act together as another unit.

Basically what happens is the jack with the least friction on the piston will drop first (this is the jack you want to install the first Snap Pad on) and then the jack with the next least friction will drop, and so on. Once all jacks have hit the ground, then the entire coach will begin to rise (this is how the system adjusts for unevenness in the ground). So, when you are installing your Snap Pads, you want to watch to see which jack drops first and place the Pad under that jack, then, once all four jacks touch the ground, that jack will get enough pressure on it to press the foot into the Snap Pad. Then, you manually "Retract" the "Rear" jacks until one of them lifts off the ground, then you place your next Snap Pad under that jack and extend the jacks to snap that Pad into place. Rinse and repeat for all jacks.

It might make it easier to understand why the system works this way if you realize that the hydraulic fluid is controlled by two valves. One valve fills the two front landing gear pistons and a second valve fills the rear four pistons. Often there is a slight difference in friction between the pistons and one leg will drop first, once that leg hits the ground, then the other leg begins to drop (then the next and then the next). Once all the legs are touching the ground, all legs will be raised evenly because the hydraulic fluid will fill all the legs with an equal amount of of fluid and begin to lift up the coach.

PS: you don't have to have your coach level to install the Snap Pads, just a flat, solid surface so the jack foot can be evenly pressed into the Snap Pad.

PPS: Here is a video showing how to install the Snap Pads on a Grand Design RV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx1WZH5nlDc
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    You should have a method to "Manually" control your jacks. The front landing gear jacks act together and the back four jacks act together as another unit.
    Got it. All 6 on and watched them come down to determine which ones to snap. The middle and rear on each side come down together but they are on. Thanks all.
    Robin & John

2023 stays