Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2nd AC question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd AC question

I have a 2019 29RS and want to put a bedroom AC, I’ve done some research here on what I will need. I’m having a local RV repair place to install it but I want to make sure there are no hold up’s on the install. So, the list that I have to order is the Coleman Mach 10 low profile AC unit, I will also need a thermostat and I believe a ceiling assembly as well? Is my list correct, so I need anything else, any other recommendations? Thank you all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fshngyd View Post
    I have a 2019 29RS and want to put a bedroom AC, I’ve done some research here on what I will need. I’m having a local RV repair place to install it but I want to make sure there are no hold up’s on the install. So, the list that I have to order is the Coleman Mach 10 low profile AC unit, I will also need a thermostat and I believe a ceiling assembly as well? Is my list correct, so I need anything else, any other recommendations? Thank you all!
    Look at recpro.com, they have a 13,500 quiet RV unit and it is very good. It is remote control and doesn’t need a separate wired thermostat. You most likely have a 110v receptacle in the roof/attic, when you remove the vent shroud you’ll see it. This unit is a plug and play.
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax 6.6 Turbo
    Curt A30 Puck System
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    (Previous Reflection 303RLS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, do you have and use this unit? The low profile is non ducted but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing in my 29RS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fshngyd View Post
    Interesting, do you have and use this unit? The low profile is non ducted but I’m not sure that’s a bad thing in my 29RS.
    A fellow in the rv park we were staying at this past winter had one installed. Talked to him afterwards and he said it works great. We were looking at having the same unit installed in our Reflection, I decided to wait until we got back home and do it myself. Unfortunately or fortunately ended up trading on a Solitude. I thought the unducted unit is the one we’d use.
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax 6.6 Turbo
    Curt A30 Puck System
    2022 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
    (Previous Reflection 303RLS)