User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    What makes you feel you cannot recommend the Tire Linc system? I'm asking because we are looking at an Imagine 2500RL with the Tire Linc "prep."
    "Prep" is a small plastic port to plug in the wireless booster they sell you with the system. I bought a tire minder system and removed the Tire linc docking port and spliced the wires to the tire minder booster. I also put on an inline switch so I could turn off the booster when camping. Reduces battery drain.
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
    What makes you feel you cannot recommend the Tire Linc system? I'm asking because we are looking at an Imagine 2500RL with the Tire Linc "prep."
    Our Imagine came with the prep, but so did the repeater the dealer sold me. That said, I’m not totally satisfied with the Lippert TPMS. Mostly because it’s finicky getting it to update readings while on the road, plus if you have a Ford Sync3 system, it’s no longer compatible. Do yourself a favor and research available systems. I’m willing to bet you will not end up with the Lippert system the installed mounting matches.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents worth... The Tire Linc system is too expensive and limited to only monitoring the trailer tires. You need to spend more on another system for your truck. I have been using EEz tpms system and have been very happy with it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A follow up to my earlier post. I found a mount for my iPhone with an integral charging pad, and a clamp for the truck’s a/c vent. Now the phone does not have to connect to Sync3, it stays charged, and updates on the fly. My truck has its own tpms, so I’m now using the Lippert tpms with no issues whatsoever.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    A follow up to my earlier post. I found a mount for my iPhone with an integral charging pad, and a clamp for the truck’s a/c vent. Now the phone does not have to connect to Sync3, it stays charged, and updates on the fly. My truck has its own tpms, so I’m now using the Lippert tpms with no issues whatsoever.
    If yours is like mine, you will likely develop issues over time. Ours will randomly lose a tire sensor during travel, it won’t necessarily be the same one every time, and new batteries won’t always help. It’s to the point that when it alarms, it’s a family bet as to which one we lost. I’ve had so many false alarms that it’s become worthless. Before our next long trip, it’s on the chopping block. Hope you get better performance.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    If yours is like mine, you will likely develop issues over time. Ours will randomly lose a tire sensor during travel, it won’t necessarily be the same one every time, and new batteries won’t always help. It’s to the point that when it alarms, it’s a family bet as to which one we lost. I’ve had so many false alarms that it’s become worthless. Before our next long trip, it’s on the chopping block. Hope you get better performance.
    Put 12K miles on the RV last year and I've had two sensors develop leaks between the brass schrader valve and plastic housing. One developed a leak while on the road and the other led to a flat tire when the RV had been sitting for the winter. Tire looked great until I started to raise to hitch height which broke the bead. No way on the Cooper could I put enough pressure in it so had to remove tire and take it to a tire shop to fill. Soaped the sensors and found the issue. LCI sent me two new sensor caps and a new improved BT module. One of the new caps appears to be failing as it would not give me a reading when I picked up the RV - had to get out and measure the pressure to make sure that tire wasn't flat. Of course that set the alarm off repeatedly. It also loses sync while underway which bothers me. I'm thinking about replacing the TPMS.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running a Tymate from Amazon and had to buy the extender/repeater to make it work consistently. I did have one of the sensors leak and merely asked the seller for a replacement. They sent it within 7 days of my request free of charge. If I were to do it all again, and given I have tire changing equipment now, I would purchase the strap to the rim sensor, or an internal sensor. The externals work but make me a bit weary.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered a TST-507 from Amazon yesterday - 20% off Prime Day deal.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ever you get don't buy the Tire Linc system.
    Our camper came with it does not give on the fly updates reads the same temp and psi till you restart it . It's in a junk box now.
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has always been my assumption that the tire manufacturer specified a "Cold Pressure" with the knowledge that the temperature would increase with load, altitude, and ambient temperature. This increase is anticipated and the manufacturer has determined that the pressure will not increase to the point that the tire will fail (assuming that loading specifications are not exceeded). Consequently, I only check my tires when they are cold and NEVER after use. The current tire pressure monitoring devices prevalent today only tell you what the manufacturer already knows and any manipulation of the pressure during use is looking for trouble. RIGHT?
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Ford F250SD 6.7 Diesel
    Radio Operator KC5MLV

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast