User Tag List

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas in the diesel tank....

Probably not what you were thinking.

The article below is about a gas station in Virginia Beach that received gas in the gas station's diesel tank.

https://www.13newsnow.com/amp/articl...1-667a8a9cfc04

I'm curious how this plays out. The article mentions at least one F-250 owner who was quoted for a $12k fuel system repair.

This certainly isnt something I think about when filling up, but definitely a good reason to have proof of purchase when filling up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220428-150150_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	40284

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Probably not what you were thinking.

The article below is about a gas station in Virginia Beach that received gas in the gas station's diesel tank.

https://www.13newsnow.com/amp/articl...1-667a8a9cfc04

I'm curious how this plays out. The article mentions at least one F-250 owner who was quoted for a $12k fuel system repair.

This certainly isnt something I think about when filling up, but definitely a good reason to have proof of purchase when filling up. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220428-150150_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	40284

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It sounds like the mistake happened either at the Fuel Depot, or on the truck. The fuel Depot could have put Diesel into the wrong tank on the truck, or, the driver could have labeled the tank's contents incorrectly (there is a labeling device that the drivers rotate to indicate what type of fuel is in each tank on the truck).

The drivers who had this happen to will need to contact the station that they bought the bad fuel from, who will in turn contact the distributor, who will then try to blame the fuel depot, who will then blame the Driver. Bottom line, somebody's Insurance company is going to be paying to either fix or replace several vehicles.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I hauled fuel in a former life, I filled my truck at the tank yard. Wish someone would have filled it for me. Putting fuel down the wrong hole does happen, but gas in a diesel hole well.
    Could have been a new driver, with poor training, put gas in the truck when it was supposed to be diesel, & put it in what he thought was the right hole, or thought his gas load was going in the right hole.
    I once had a split load to haul-regular & premium-& forgot to close the internal valves, station got two loads of mid-grade.
    When they still had leaded gas, they would put regular or mid-grade down the leaded hole.
    With the shortage of drivers-haulers are hiring anybody that fogs a mirror.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC