User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Second Chance;425085]I think that's what he said he tried.

Rob[/https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Large-Drain-Bladder-82-977-111/301879197
    I have had a couple of times we had to use one of these on other campers system. Too much paper, not enough water.
    It is messy….. but works..
    2016 Ram 3500 SWD 3:73 Turbo Diesel 6'4"" box
    OEM puck Pro 16K
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    Previous:
    2017 Reflection 29RS
    Reese Sidewinder Hitch
    Platte Lake MN.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get yourself an endoscope camera with a light. He’s one for about $33. https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Wate...s%2C134&sr=8-3 Will tell you what is going on quickly and is handy for a lot of things.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK,

Thanks for the replies.

An update.

I put in a heavy dose (32 ounces of "Pure Power") and drove several hundred miles and set up camp. In the morning, I got a good release of liquids but did not see any wipes come out. So at least I lost the water weight. Headed home today. I will make further efforts there. I have a buddy who pumps RV black tanks and will enlist his help.
    I will post up what works
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Old shool black tank washer. Used to use one on our 93 Jayco TT toilet/black tank. Definitely does help with the potty wipes.... we used it mostly for they those stuck to the side of the tank after draining.

The snake thru the drain sounds like the best idea, but certainly could be an interesting experience.

Hello, and yes, I'm having the same problem! But these "snakes" tell you to empty the tank first, and that's the whole problem -- I can't empty the tank because it's not draining. In fact, the black tank is completely full! ...What to do?
    2020 GD Imagine 2970-RL

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Hello, and yes, I'm having the same problem! But these "snakes" tell you to empty the tank first, and that's the whole problem -- I can't empty the tank because it's not draining. In fact, the black tank is completely full! ...What to do?
    Here is a video that might help...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihz40NGMPB4
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Suit up and use the snake. Both the Army and the EPA have some good protective gear.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Suit up and use the snake. Both the Army and the EPA have some good protective gear.

Rob
    https://www.amazon.com/MIRA-SAFETY-D...504055&sr=8-5#

RVing can atleast have some levity...LOL!!!

When I went thru Basic, they made us do physical training in our NBC suits, including running! Think I would rather clean the black tank with it on...😉
    Last edited by trailrydr; 05-02-2022 at 09:22 AM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/MIRA-SAFETY-D...504055&sr=8-5#

RVing can atleast have some levity...LOL!!!

When I went thru Basic, they made us do physical training in our NBC suits, including running! Think I would rather clean the black tank with it on...��
    I was a direct commission, so we didn't have to do PT and that sort of thing in our MOPP gear (the term back in my day - military organizational protective posture). We did, however, have to spend the day in it going about what would be "normal" field tasks... setting up field hospitals, triaging patients, running decontamination stations (drill, of course), and drinking tons of water through the tube.

Now, I don't want to take this thread any further astray.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update,

I have been able to get all liquid to drain twice. I think the "Pure Power" dose helped a lot.
    Still not sure how much "sludge" and or wipes remain. Soulitude is now safe in my driveway. I am going to buy one of those scopes to have a look see.
    I really like the Pure Power tank additive. I have been using it for ten years.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you can get the liquid out, try adding 1 cup of Dawn dish soap and one Tied laundry tab and go for a drive after filling the tank 1/2 full. The Dawn will slick up the tank so things will slide out. For normal maintenance I use the dawn with 10 gallons of water to start the trip. Then after each paper use use a full bowl of water to flush. I have one of those rigid spray wands too https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Rinser-...509380&sr=8-15

This simple one will break up a pile easily. I prefer it over the built in black tank flush for year end cleaning.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast