User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that advice. I'm hunkered down long-term, so hitching up and pulling out is a bit of a hassle if I can avoid it.

As for the "water snake" method, what's the difference between that and just using the black tank rinse outlet? ...Of course I've tried that and it hasn't worked -- all it does is add more water to the tank which is already about to overflow.

And what about those mobile sanitation services that come out and pump out the tank ...would that for sure do the trick?
    2020 GD Imagine 2970-RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you have a Valterra twist-on valve and a Macerator pump setup? That's what I'd try.

1. Put on the twist on valve and your flush thingie
    2. Open black tank valve
    3. Flush/fill the drain up to the point you're pushing water back into the black tank
    4. Close valterra valve and turn off flush water.
    5. Hook up macerator pump.
    6. Turn on macerator.
    7. Open valves.

Hopefully the full column of water between the black tank and the pump, with the pump pulling, are enough suction to loosen up whatever's in your black tank, chop it into little bits, and send it on its way.

I use this pump and a 135' garden hose to drain my black tanks to my wastewater sewer cleanout at home (legal where I live).

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B08KJ2...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I need the macerator, but I'm not exactly sure which Valterra twist-on valve you're referring to?

See picture: I do have this one, and have tried shooting back water up through that inlet, but nothing happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tank valve.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	40364
    2020 GD Imagine 2970-RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Not sure I need the macerator, but I'm not exactly sure which Valterra twist-on valve you're referring to?

See picture: I do have this one, and have tried shooting back water up through that inlet, but nothing happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tank valve.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	40364
    that is effectively the same thing. So when you open that valve after flushing, all that comes out is the water in the pipe from the tank to the outlet and nothing else? I'd expect the water pressure from the hose to be able to back-fill the tank. If it's not, that's a heck of a stuck drain.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Try this off you tube, might be worth a try
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmPMGDEKxY

no special tools required, may take someone to help, the basic idea is fill the drain hose with water from the grey tank. as soon as the grey water starts to drain, close the grey valve while picking up on the hose and holding it above the tank level. the drain hose is full of grey water, now open the black tank valve and raise and lower the hose thus sloshing grey water backwards into the black tank pushing whatever is clogging the black tank drain valve backwards into the tank, now very quickly drop the hose on the ground and see if it starts draining.
    This is THE solution! Plus its FREE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a flush king but don't use too much water. Be sure to check your tank level or look down the toilet to make sure you have some room for more water in the tank. Put some water in through the flush king. This should push the blockage back a little then try to drain the tank. You will probably get some water back out the drain but probably not all the clog. Then repeat as needed. This will move the wipes back and forth until hopefully they break free. Just be sure not to fill the tank until it overflows through the toilet.

See the video here. https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Degr...s%2C109&sr=8-6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 61B3WiQNPiL._AC_SX679_.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVlife1967 View Post
    This is THE solution! Plus its FREE!
    Owning several rental properties it has been my experience that women clog up toilets and sewer lines. I tell them when they call wanting me to come over and take care of the problem that the toilet or lines were not clog up when you moved in so it`s cloged with something YOU put down there so feel free to call and pay for the plumber of your choice. Try it with the the women in your life, you might not get dinner for a while but it likely won`t happen again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    Despite an agreement that only degradeable tissue would be used, my wife put some of those "bottom" wipes into the toilet.
    Now the black water tank will not drain. I tried one of those back flush city hose attachments at the outer drain outlet, and no luck.
    I have added an extra strong dose of "Pure Power" to the tank and we have driven over 100 miles, still not draining.
    Help.
    We tried all kinds of things and what worked was using a small enough hose hooked to a shop vac tht would go into the toilet bowl and just kept on sucking the paper out.It took a while but worked great. Good Luck!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is such a keeper she gets my complete forgiveness. She just forgot.
    I may have to install a low volume, high pressure, butt blast, bidet attachment.
    Wahoo! Maybe this is my million dollar idea.

Everybody makes a poo poo
    Last edited by Pacific Fisher; 05-04-2022 at 06:45 PM.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let your wife figure it out

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast