User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've fixed two black tank drain restrictions in the last two months. One for my TT and another for a friend. Both had nothing to do with wipes or other hygene products. Both were construction debris that has found their way to the drain opening. No amount of spraying, filling or dumping would fix either one. One was a plastic cutout dropped in the tank from making the toilet access. The other was a similarly sized chunk of vinyl flooring.
    If reasonable attempts at flushing don't work ... Set fan to off or hopefully to blow in. Remove toilet. Use camera on a stick with phone to observe problem and verify low water level. Remove water with a shop vac if needed. On one I was able to use a stick and work the offending debris to the toilet access and suction it out with the vacuum. On the other I was able to jam a fish tape up the drain backwards and force the debris further in for retrieval.
    If I ever buy another new RV with an unused black tank I'm ripping the toilet off before use. You can remove the rubber grommet and reach right in to grab the stuff the factory left behind since it's all nice and clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The campsite next to me had the same problem and I offered to help

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...just to close the loop on my situation posted earlier: I had a sewer truck come out and suck it out with their machine. It was an easy solution and had no problem paying the $50 fee.
    2020 GD Imagine 2970-RL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    Despite an agreement that only degradeable tissue would be used, my wife put some of those "bottom" wipes into the toilet.
    Those flushable bottom wipes do not disintegrate. They are a non-woven fabric saturated with witch hazel. Don't let them back into your rig. Instead, buy a bottle of witch hazel and use it to moisten your usual RV safe toilet tissue. Been working for me for years. No black tank problems.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234