User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black water tank drain plugged

Despite an agreement that only degradeable tissue would be used, my wife put some of those "bottom" wipes into the toilet.
    Now the black water tank will not drain. I tried one of those back flush city hose attachments at the outer drain outlet, and no luck.
    I have added an extra strong dose of "Pure Power" to the tank and we have driven over 100 miles, still not draining.
    Help.
    2022 Soulitude 310 GK Disc Brakes, Solar, Onan LP
    2021 F350 CC LB 7.3 Godzilla, 430 Gears, B&W Companion, Morryde Pin Box, Garmin 890 RV GPS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try back flushing it with one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Durable...s%2C120&sr=8-5

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    Try back flushing it with one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Durable...s%2C120&sr=8-5
    I think that's what he said he tried.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How full is the tank? I'm asking because pressure can work wonders. If the tank is not all the way full, try closing the drain valve and filling the tank with the rinser until the "Full" light just starts blinking. Turn off the rinser and open the drain valve. If that doesn't work, it's probably time for a snake. I would insert the snake through the garden hose attachment so that you don't get a high-volume nasty flood when things do break loose.

Rob

PS: a plumber once told me that the so-called flushable wipes were his "bread and butter."
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-04-2022 at 07:50 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain! My daughter flushed a some of those so called flushable "bottom" wipes down the toilet. Well they got stuck and clogged the line to the cesspool on our home. It cost me $1500 to fix.

Have you tried one of these? You attach it a hose and push the other end down the toilet. We have one, when I use it I shut the water off to the toilet, so I can see better. It shoots high pressure water everywhere. It may dislodge the wipes. Just about every RV sells a version of this.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Flexibl...ps%2C68&sr=8-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'flushable wipes'

There is no such thing! Tried the 24 hours in a glass of water test.....Complete FAILURE!

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Fisher View Post
    Despite an agreement that only degradeable tissue would be used, my wife put some of those "bottom" wipes into the toilet.
    Now the black water tank will not drain. I tried one of those back flush city hose attachments at the outer drain outlet, and no luck.
    I have added an extra strong dose of "Pure Power" to the tank and we have driven over 100 miles, still not draining.
    Help.
    Do you have any discharge when you open the gate valve? I would think it would be more than "some" to cause a complete blockage.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    I feel your pain! My daughter flushed a some of those so called flushable "bottom" wipes down the toilet. Well they got stuck and clogged the line to the cesspool on our home. It cost me $1500 to fix.

Have you tried one of these? You attach it a hose and push the other end down the toilet. We have one, when I use it I shut the water off to the toilet, so I can see better. It shoots high pressure water everywhere. It may dislodge the wipes. Just about every RV sells a version of this.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Flexibl...ps%2C68&sr=8-9
    Old shool black tank washer. Used to use one on our 93 Jayco TT toilet/black tank. Definitely does help with the potty wipes.... we used it mostly for they those stuck to the side of the tank after draining.

The snake thru the drain sounds like the best idea, but certainly could be an interesting experience.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this off you tube, might be worth a try
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUmPMGDEKxY

no special tools required, may take someone to help, the basic idea is fill the drain hose with water from the grey tank. as soon as the grey water starts to drain, close the grey valve while picking up on the hose and holding it above the tank level. the drain hose is full of grey water, now open the black tank valve and raise and lower the hose thus sloshing grey water backwards into the black tank pushing whatever is clogging the black tank drain valve backwards into the tank, now very quickly drop the hose on the ground and see if it starts draining.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a snake and enter from the drain side. It's gonna be messy, have a bucket ready. https://www.amazon.com/Drain-Plumbin...326245&sr=8-22
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 04-30-2022 at 07:47 AM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast