User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 season doors keep falling off. Anyone else have this problem? Any good fix?

I have a 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH. My 3 season doors keep coming off and I have taken my rig to the dealer multiple times to have them reinstalled. They just pop out very easy. I have put them back a couple of times myself but they are very heavy. I got my rig out of service last week was getting ready to load the rear garage with some bikes yesterday, and one just fell off and nearly hit my wife. These doors are very heavy and I just got a panic about one of them coming off and hitting a grand-child. Very dangerous. The dealer has advised they are seeing more of these type cases. I'll call GD but wanted to see if others are having this problem and how they were fixed. The pegs on the top and bottom of the doors are not very long and they pop out of their holes very easy. Needless to say I will not have these on anymore until there is a better fix. These doors can really cause a major injury or death to a minor and even for an adult. Be careful!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sorry you're dealing with this. We are in the process of buying that same model pending our PDI so I want to follow this thread for possible resolutions. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some guidance on how to fix this issue.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you say fall off, which part are you referring to? I'm not sure how they would just fall off unless something is installed incorrectly.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had issues where the self-tap screws fixing the door to the slider were over torqued and stripped the thin sheet metal, and screws rattling lose during travel. Ones that fall completely out weren't the big issue. Ones that came half-way out prevented the door from sliding open. Not worth taking it to the dealer so I found similar screws at local hardware store to replace the ones missing. However, more came lose on following trip so I may just replace them all.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 349m-r
    - 8k axles, toppers, 3rd ac, Onan, Solar, Outside Entertainment, King Bed, Heat Pump, 3 Season Doors, Dual Pane Windows, Happi-Jac, Rear Al Deck
    2021 Ford F-450 Limited

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with the screws vibrating loose and the 3 season doors falling off on my 25G.
    In addition to replacing the screws, I added thin double sided tape between the door and sliding track.
    I have not had a problem with the screws vibrating loose since.
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)