Tom & Sherry

2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew, 6.4L

2022 GD 2670MK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    It was the same person that thought putting theater sofa seating perpendicular to the TV was a good idea also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytek View Post
    I have to agree with this point. Some folks just don't think it through. If we weren't full timing it we wouldn't even use the TV. We didn't even turn the one in our 2150RB on in the 3 years we've had it.
    When we were shopping for our rig, as newbies (never had an RV of any type prior), I knew I didn't want to be sitting sideways to watch the TV. That eliminated a lot of trailers, fifth wheels and motorhomes immediately off the "consider" list.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    With 2 Aussies and a Shih tzu we use it for water only . Our previous pair of Aussies, one was a huge slob with the water dish . The food dishes are kept about 5 ft apart on the back side of the kitchen island. And the little guys dish on the landing only when he eats.

The feeder was a great solution for messy drinkers and feet that like to kick the water bowl ,keeps the water off the floor.

A wine drawer....I like that!
    A place to put the water bowls to keep them from being kicked is key, but I'd be worried about spillage/splashing eventually ruining the bottom of the drawer. For now, we put our dog's water bowl in the shower so it captures any spills, etc.
    Love the wine and bakeware ideas though.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours did not come with bowls either but store our bowls in there. There is a water bowl on a rubber mat between the desk and dinette. They eat outside or where ever we put the bowls.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We removed the dishes as well and use that area for storage of dried canned foods etc The other problem was the water bowl of used for that wasn’t accessible when the dog wants water without you first having to open the drawer. It seemed like a good idea at the time but more of a gimmick. It certainly wasn’t a deciding factor in the trailer buying decision.

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope a GD design engineer is reading these forums.
    Tom & Sherry

2022 GD 2670MK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope a GD design engineer is reading these forums.
    Grand Design does not monitor this forum nor are they affiliated in any way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a good idea if they did read them. They could be more in tune with what is going on with their client base. Pretty loyal bunch here. I am already on my 2nd GD after Thursday next week. I never meant to imply that they in any way had any control over this forum. Still, it is a good idea to know what everyone is thinking.
    Tom & Sherry

2022 GD 2670MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the drawer bowels when we feed our dog and really like it.
    Greg & Vicki
    US ARMY Retired
    2020 F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel 10 Speed 4x4
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We actually did use them!

My husband and I thought it was a very sweet touch. Are they the most practical? Probably not. However, they worked great for our dog before she crossed the rainbow bridge. I liked how the bowls stayed put instead of getting scooted all over the floor. Occasionally, I had to take them out and vacuum out dog food crumbs but that wasn't a big deal at all.

I am certain it wasn't a dog owner who decided that they would design dog bowl inserts into the sliding drawers on the GD trailers.
    On our 2019 Imagine 2150RB we removed them from the drawer and used the drawer for an electric griddle. We will add them back when we trade the trailer in in two weeks.

For the dog we use a Neater Feeder which you can search on Amazon for. These are great for containing the bulk of the mess that the dog makes when eating. Any slopped water gets contained unless the dog gets away from the bowl quickly without swallowing completely.

In two weeks we take possession of a 2022 Imagine 2670MK where we will again remove the dog bowl inserts. Not sure yet what I will do with them as we will be full timing in this trailer as of June and won't have a garage in which to store them while we own the trailer.

What has your experience been with the dog bowls if you are a pet owner. Do you remove them or use them?

Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast