User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who decided that dog bowls in a sliding drawer was a good idea?

I am certain it wasn't a dog owner who decided that they would design dog bowl inserts into the sliding drawers on the GD trailers.
    On our 2019 Imagine 2150RB we removed them from the drawer and used the drawer for an electric griddle. We will add them back when we trade the trailer in in two weeks.

For the dog we use a Neater Feeder which you can search on Amazon for. These are great for containing the bulk of the mess that the dog makes when eating. Any slopped water gets contained unless the dog gets away from the bowl quickly without swallowing completely.

In two weeks we take possession of a 2022 Imagine 2670MK where we will again remove the dog bowl inserts. Not sure yet what I will do with them as we will be full timing in this trailer as of June and won't have a garage in which to store them while we own the trailer.

What has your experience been with the dog bowls if you are a pet owner. Do you remove them or use them?

Tom
    Tom & Sherry

2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew, 6.4L

2022 GD 2670MK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope GD never really thought anyone would really feed pets out of the drawer , an invitation to ants for sure.. I am also a Neater Feeder fan. been using in the trailer it since 2014.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We used it for the short period we were down to one dog. Two that close together is asking for a fight. And I'd never use for water. "Bowl" makes a lot of noise when our Aussie used it. We ignore it now. I've seen mods posted where people put curved inserts in, and use it for wine bottles.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if the Neater Feeder will work for us. Our silly little rat terrier likes to pick out her food and eat only the stuff she likes first. Leaves a mess, unless its table scraps and real small bites at that!

Luckily being only 10lbs, she don't eat much so the mess stays relatively small.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    We used it for the short period we were down to one dog. Two that close together is asking for a fight. And I'd never use for water. "Bowl" makes a lot of noise when our Aussie used it. We ignore it now. I've seen mods posted where people put curved inserts in, and use it for wine bottles.
    With 2 Aussies and a Shih tzu we use it for water only . Our previous pair of Aussies, one was a huge slob with the water dish . The food dishes are kept about 5 ft apart on the back side of the kitchen island. And the little guys dish on the landing only when he eats.

The feeder was a great solution for messy drinkers and feet that like to kick the water bowl ,keeps the water off the floor.

A wine drawer....I like that!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytek View Post
    What has your experience been with the dog bowls if you are a pet owner. Do you remove them or use them?Tom
    I removed the bowls and repurposed that drawer for kitchen utensils and baking pans that rarely get used. Luckily our dog is a very neat eater and doesn't splash water. We just use two collapsible dog bowls on a doggie place mat.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting question. We have the pet drawer but it came empty- no inserts. We use it transport the dog bowls and toys, but he’s 75 lbs and would probably break the drawer on his first attempt. He just eats outside.

Wine drawers always make sense! Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the same person that thought putting theater sofa seating perpendicular to the TV was a good idea also.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the drawer for leashes, poopie bags & other small dog stuff. We use a no-spill water bowl & a regular dog dish for food set on a puppy training pad. Squeak toys & chewie rawhide bones can be found anywhere in the trailer though.
    40# Border Collie.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    It was the same person that thought putting theater sofa seating perpendicular to the TV was a good idea also.
    I have to agree with this point. Some folks just don't think it through. If we weren't full timing it we wouldn't even use the TV. We didn't even turn the one in our 2150RB on in the 3 years we've had it.
    Tom & Sherry

2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew, 6.4L

2022 GD 2670MK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast