Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge is gurgling - Imagine 2610 / Dometic fridge

Ugh.

Last fall, last used fridge, all ok. Trailer didn't move between then and now. Last weekend, switched it on, both propane and electric (ran the generator) - nothing but gurgling galore.

Fridge / trailer still under warranty, so i guess i should call the dealer?

R.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read about the burping and all that - but i'm just wondering why it would happen after less than one year, without moving the trailer, etc. etc. did not smell any ammonia when switching it on, troubleshooting it.

On both gas and electricity, the freezer compartment hit 68+ degrees when running it (while testing it over the weekend)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of movement is the enemy of an absorption refrigerator. That's when chemical membranes or air bubbles form in the refrigerant. Search this forum for threads on "fridge reboot" or "refrigerator reboot" and read about the procedure.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found your post from 04-24-2022; will still call the dealer to mention 'fridge not working', but will try this out. And then i can always tell the dealer 'hey, this is a warranty issue', i guess.

Amazing that this happens that often then? No wonder higher-end / bigger trailers mention 'residential fridge'. I thought it would only apply to the size, but i guess it's partly more about the operation of the fridge?

Anyways, more on the list of things to do, this weekend :-)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    found your post from 04-24-2022; will still call the dealer to mention 'fridge not working', but will try this out. And then i can always tell the dealer 'hey, this is a warranty issue', i guess.

Amazing that this happens that often then? No wonder higher-end / bigger trailers mention 'residential fridge'. I thought it would only apply to the size, but i guess it's partly more about the operation of the fridge?

Anyways, more on the list of things to do, this weekend :-)
    If you are referring to one of my posts, you can use the Reply With Quote (as I have done here), or use the "@" sign to mention someone - @TheRealRoland - either way, that person will get a notification.

RV absorption refrigerators work by circulating an ammonia-based refrigerant with heat - either propane or electric heating elements. "Residential" refrigerators have compressors in them like the fridge in your house. More recently, RV manufacturers have starting equipping units with 12VDC compressor units which play well in the sandbox with 12VDC RV systems, solar, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015