User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    Update- So checked all of the breakers- have power coming out of them. Looking in outside fridge compartment, there are 2 feed wires coming up. Can't see any damage to either, and they go thru the frame rail into the underbelly. Guess I will have to follow these out after I get home. Just makes no sense that they all worked, then stopped in the middle of the night. Only GFI I can find is in the bathroom, and that's working.
    Do you have a 50 amp unit? Almost sounds as though you may have had a power spike and took out 1 leg of the service. That would also explain the 12 volt radio being out....the inline fuse blows pretty quickly.

Do you have 2 a/c units? Do they both work?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Do you have a 50 amp unit? Almost sounds as though you may have had a power spike and took out 1 leg of the service. That would also explain the 12 volt radio being out....the inline fuse blows pretty quickly.

Do you have 2 a/c units? Do they both work?
    Yup, tested both legs and across terminals. Even checked power on each side of individual breakers. Have power on everything at the breaker panel. That's why I think it's something in just 1 circuit. Just not sure how they run the wiring, or why the fridge wouldn't be separate from the outlet circuit- but then it is an RV.......
    As long as I get thru tonight with everything on propane I'll work on it at home. Going out of town for work, so when I eventually figure it out I'll let you know.

And hey Rob, some of us just don't want all of our info blasted all over the internet. I'm capable enough of figuring out a website, but thanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Duallly Mike,

This sounds very classic of a tripped GFCI. All you need is the primary or first outlet in the string to fail and none will work.

We have a Reflection 315rlts and there are two GFCI circuits. One in the bathroom and one under the kitchen sink on the entry door side.

Most of these units will have two GFCI circuits one on each leg. Look for that second one. I bet it is tripped or bad

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    And hey Rob, some of us just don't want all of our info blasted all over the internet. I'm capable enough of figuring out a website, but thanks.
    What model do you have? If you want, message me the year and model. I can go onto the lot and look for gfci outlets.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    What model do you have? If you want, message me the year and model. I can go onto the lot and look for gfci outlets.
    OP did..... its a 2018 Momentumnn 395 M.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help then. They changed to the 395MS last year, and we don't have any in stock.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two places to start looking are in the location of the washer and dryer hookups and in the kitchen. Mine two are in the bathroom and under the primary island counter on the right outside as you face it from the entry door.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out and looked at a retail sold 395MS. There is at least 2 GFCI outlets in the coach. I did not open slides to look any further.

There is one in the main bathroom and one on the wall at the half bath in the garage.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dually Mike....I have a 394M which is the same exact trailer only mine does not have the rear 1/2 batch in the garage....other than that, they are identical. I was under mine a couple of days ago and there are two different 120VAC cables coming from the underbelly and going to the pivot arm and on up into the slide (streetside slide). One of the circuits is strictly for the microwave....that's it, and it should be marked in the 120V breaker panel. The other circuit is marked Fridge or Refrigerator. That is the circuit you are looking for and that circuit also feed the receptacle under the cabinet to the left of the stove/over, then it drops down inside the wall and feeds the receptacle that powers the heating/vibrating/lighted "L" shape sofa.

I don't know if you have a proximity tester or not, but you can pick them up cheap enough to make it worth while. BEFORE you tear into the underbelly, get yourself a proximity tester and check and see if you have 120V coming out of the underbelly and to the pivot arm. Separate the two black cables just a bit where they come through the frame. Then go inside and turn off the breaker for the microwave. Then make absolutely sure that the breaker for the fridge is reset/turned on and there is power coming off the breaker. Go back outside and check, where you separated the two black cables coming through the frame and see if one of them has 120V on it. When using a proximity tester, the little tip on the end of it has to be very close to the hot lead inside the cable. If necessary, go all the way around the cable to make sure that you have the tip by the hot lead in it. If you have 120 volts there, you don't need to tear into the underbelly. Follow the cable up into the pivot arm and make sure that nothing is pinched because of the slide going in and out. If that all looks OK, then you are going to have to try and trace the path of that wiring all the way over to the receptacle. Did you check the receptacle itself to see if it was dead.....I didn't read through all the post, so you may have already stated that.

Here is a link to what I'm talking about, just in case you aren't sure what a proxy tester is. This one is at Home Depot and is a Klein (good brand), but there are cheaper ones out there at other places......

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Here's another one at Lowes...
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-NCV-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

And a different brand one at Home Depot....
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by xrated; 04-30-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. I have looked all over for a second one. There are 2 outlets around the sink counter and both are marked GFCI protected. They both have power.The outlets with out power are the cabinet next to microwave and the outlet where the heat/massage plug in behind the couch (that you can't get to unless you have Go Go Gadget arms). And then the fridge. All of those are in the living room slideout. There are no outlets in my 1/2 bath, and none of the dead ones are marked "protected". All garage and bedroom outlets work too. There are lights in that slideout and they are working too. Worse case scenario I'll call Grand Design tech and see if they can point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast