User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    Thanks all. I have looked all over for a second one. There are 2 outlets around the sink counter and both are marked GFCI protected. They both have power.The outlets with out power are the cabinet next to microwave and the outlet where the heat/massage plug in behind the couch (that you can't get to unless you have Go Go Gadget arms). And then the fridge. All of those are in the living room slideout. There are no outlets in my 1/2 bath, and none of the dead ones are marked "protected". All garage and bedroom outlets work too. There are lights in that slideout and they are working too. Worse case scenario I'll call Grand Design tech and see if they can point me in the right direction. Thanks again.
    Did you read my above post? That might save you from dropping the underbelly coroplast. Read it if you didn't......Post #19
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Did you read my above post? That might save you from dropping the underbelly coroplast. Read it if you didn't......Post #19
    Just read it today. Too nice of a weekend trip to mess with it so I just got home. Have to go out of town for work for a while so I'll mess with it and update here when I get home. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

BTW- had plenty of propane for the weekend, so no worries. At least when I fill the propane tanks it shouldn't hurt as much as the truck. I passed a station up on Route 6- diesel was $6.59!!!!
    Last edited by dually mike; 05-01-2022 at 07:13 AM. Reason: adding info

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    ... Also check the splice thingy inside the frame rail above the belly cover. Could have come loose or fallen apart.

Attachment 40312
    @dually mike There will actually two of theses Mullex connectors. They are used to change the romex to flexible cable to go to the slide. One will be located inside the frame where the slide wires pass. The second will be inside the slide to convert back to romex. On my trailer that is inside the lower fridge compartment on the left wall. It is a very tight fit. These are known to fail, especially if they get wet. However GD may be using a different connector now such as WAGO after recalling a lot of molex equipped trailers. Mine was part of that recall.

On other thing to check is the main slide power cable that rund through the two mullex connectors. It could have a cut wire in it from catching on something from slide movement Do this cable inspection with all AC power off.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    @dually mike There will actually two of theses Mullex connectors. They are used to change the romex to flexible cable to go to the slide. One will be located inside the frame where the slide wires pass. The second will be inside the slide to convert back to romex. On my trailer that is inside the lower fridge compartment on the left wall. It is a very tight fit. These are known to fail, especially if they get wet. However GD may be using a different connector now such as WAGO after recalling a lot of molex equipped trailers. Mine was part of that recall.

On other thing to check is the main slide power cable that rund through the two mullex connectors. It could have a cut wire in it from catching on something from slide movement Do this cable inspection with all AC power off.
    And if he uses a proxy tester as I suggested above, he will have a much better idea of where to start his search.....outside of the frame rail where the flexible cable come out to the slide pivot arm, or under the trailer...inside the frame rails and above the Coroplast. There is absolutely zero reason to drop the coroplast unless it's necessary.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had this happen to us with our 337RLS on our last trip. The only difference was we were also given that sick, burning plastic smell indicating a serious short. Dropped the Coloplast and found that BOTH those cheap little connectors that feed into the gallery slide had failed. Easy fix that doesn't need a whole lot of expertise.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your converter/inverter, we had a similar issue, no 12v power available, 110 was fine.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonDriver View Post
    Just had this happen to us with our 337RLS on our last trip. The only difference was we were also given that sick, burning plastic smell indicating a serious short. Dropped the Coloplast and found that BOTH those cheap little connectors that feed into the gallery slide had failed. Easy fix that doesn't need a whole lot of expertise.
    Don't forget to check the ones inside the slide - other end of power cord where GD converted back to romex. If they are bad on one side the other is usually bad too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catattack57 View Post
    Check your converter/inverter, we had a similar issue, no 12v power available, 110 was fine.
    Did you mean converter/charger? An inverter is something different.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catattack57 View Post
    No need to check the converter/charger.........he's not having issues with the 12VDC.......he is having issues with no 120VAC power to the streetside slide.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dually mike View Post
    Just read it today. Too nice of a weekend trip to mess with it so I just got home. Have to go out of town for work for a while so I'll mess with it and update here when I get home. Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

BTW- had plenty of propane for the weekend, so no worries. At least when I fill the propane tanks it shouldn't hurt as much as the truck. I passed a station up on Route 6- diesel was $6.59!!!!
    So I just got back from my work trip and finally had time to look at the camper. Took the outside cover off of the fridge and found the 2 connecters screwed to the wall. Took them apart and had 110 volts in both connecters. Plugged them back in and heard a beep, so before I did anything else I went inside. Sure enough, the heat/ massage lights are on in the chair and I turned on the fridge and it's now working. I don't know if it's a loose connection in the slide umbilical or enough bouncing around on the road remade a connection somewhere. Another trip coming over Memorial Day, so plan to take a bunch of testers along in case it happens again. Thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123