User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Installed RV Airflow

I’m giving everyone a heads-up to check your AC’s and remove the cover plate if an RV Airflow is installed.

I own a 2020 28BH with two air conditioners. I installed an RV Airflow on the bedroom AC mainly to make it quieter, but I didn’t mind the other benefits.
    I assumed my main AC did not have one (forgetting that my bedroom AC was dealer installed)

I cleaned the filters on my main AC today and was pleasantly surprised to see an RV Airflow pre-installed.

HOWEVER, they did not remove the cover plate that is supposed to be removed when installing the Airflow.

I takes 5 minutes to remove that cover plate to have a ‘fully functioning’ RV Airflow.

The attached picture shows the cover plate with the styrofoam RV Airflow behind it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2631.jpg  

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what difference did you notice afterwards?
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed 3 RV Airflow's in my Solitude. Guess I missed the point about the diverter plate not going back in, so I reinstalled it. Can't see how that plate will make any difference as it doesn't interfere with the RV Airflow installation. Think I will e-mail them before removing the diverter plate.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here is the answer from RV Airflow. I'm going to remove my diverter plates.

"Great question! I would definitely go back and remove those only because our kit actually has an ellipse at the bottom that actually opens your air filter, so you are using 100% of your air filters instead of 1/3rd and this will also allow more air to run across your evaporator coils which will make your air conditioner run more efficiently."
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A link to the directions would be nice, don't think I got them with the unit.
    Thanks in advance...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plate definitely doesn't (shouldn't) need to be installed. Although I just checked the factory installed one and the AC unit was barely screwed in. Surprised I haven't had a leak... also, the AirFlow wasn't installed properly. Huge gap between the register on the plenum and the return so it was just basically sucking air conditioned air right back in. Baffles didn't have any weather stripping installed either. Styrofoam was all chewed up because it was just bouncing around in there. Sounds like a call to GD is in my future.

Sheesh.

Full-time Traveling Family ,'21 Momentum 395MS-R, '21 F450 King, 2000watts solar, Dual Victron MP-II 12/3000 2 x 120v, 1220ah LiFePo4

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Installed RV Airflow

Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    A link to the directions would be nice, don't think I got them with the unit.
    Thanks in advance...
    Do you have a Coleman or a Dometic. Let me know and if will happily provide you a link.

On second thought here is both links from the RV Airflow website.
    Coleman
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/04...f?v=1649729507

Dometic
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/04...f?v=1649729507

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    And here is the answer from RV Airflow. I'm going to remove my diverter plates.

"Great question! I would definitely go back and remove those only because our kit actually has an ellipse at the bottom that actually opens your air filter, so you are using 100% of your air filters instead of 1/3rd and this will also allow more air to run across your evaporator coils which will make your air conditioner run more efficiently."
    That makes sense. When I cleaned those air filters(before removing the diverter), only one side of the filter was dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk